Danny Bennett's blog on the track, classes, sanction & more&#3

stlracing

I think cutting the track back some shows that Danny is gona listen to the racers. Everyone likes the idea of a big fast track but the reality of it is the wrecks will be worse, the motor cost more and people can buy a win with big motors. I think this is a good decision on the tracks part. Sure lookin forward to the 44s making some practice laps.

Joe

Whatsize is it going to be now ?? I saw how many feet it;s going to be but I must have been absent that day in school because i couldn't figure it out ..smaller than 3/8th's or bigger than a 1/4 mile ?????or 1/4 mile ??

i cant believe they let all the cry babys change the size of the track! i was really looking forward to this track and its size being similar to the dirt track in vegas. if ur scared of speed, wrecks, spending money etc etc etc you are in the wrong sport. go buy you a set of golf clubs. cotton bowel do what ur gonna do dont let these people who have never built a track influence ur decisions on this track! build it and they will come!

In your blog you said that you would like to run 305 sprint cars on a weekly show so what does that mean yes or no

That means if we get enough cars to agree to show every week then we will put them on a full schedule.

I believe the 305 sprints will draw the fans, but running them every week may be hard to pull off. Probably more realistic to run them every other week, or once a month, to start, until the car count gets up. JMO

I personally am glad to hear the track is getting smaller....the smaller the better....keeps the cars together...on big tracks everyone gets spread out....boring to race and to watch (look at nascar) I just hope he keeps the idea of a wider exit off the turns for more passing... (the bloomquist design) AJ

Archived