High school program

sm44

Let's get away from the track construction, tires, wheels and other bs for a moment. For the high school kids drivers/teams will they have to pay a full pit pass? I know this is a very early question to ask but I could see it stressing some parents or some kids not getting to race because of that. I think we as racers should step up and help these kids out, not all of them cause I'm sure some are better off than me, but the ones who want to race but don't have the availability. Just a thought, not sure how it would work out but I'm sure we can figure it out.

Joenut

Joe, that's what I'm planning on doing. I want to help our local mechanics program with thier car, when everthing gets rolling. I know other people planning on the same thing with thier school.

I'm waiting on some answers from Danny about what rules are going to be in place, who to contact, and where are the schools getting the cars from.

I know this is not going to be a popular comment but it's the truth. This topic was suggested in San Antonio a number of years ago. None of the schools would touch it because of the liability issues. Hope the track doesn't put all their eggs in one basket on this issue. When the lawyers get involved people change their minds quick. Good luck with the track, I'll be there to watch a race or two.

I know this is not going to be a popular comment but it's the truth. This topic was suggested in San Antonio a number of years ago. None of the schools would touch it because of the liability issues. Hope the track doesn't put all their eggs in one basket on this issue. When the lawyers get involved people change their minds quick. Good luck with the track, I'll be there to watch a race or two.

That was an issue that was looked into. Some schools didn't even have an automotive class or shop to work out of. In order to address this issue & to eleminate the possibility of a school not being able to participate or their thought of being liable for any accidents Danny has placed this class at the track to give them a place to work on there cars & receive help from adult drivers. So that solved one problem of not having the shop at school. This also eliminated transportation issues of getting the cars to the track. They indeed will be representing their school by using school colors & mascot on their cars but it will not be affiliated with the school. This would be just another class such as junior minis and would be racing at their own risk just as any other class. Leaving the schools where they are not liable for anything. The kids interested in driving or being pit crew members will have to contact Danny to be selected as such. Each driver & pit crew member must meet all requirements incuding Good Grades & behavior in school to participate and be 16 with a drivers license. Someone commented on the cost of getting in for the kids, Danny already planned on a driver & 4 pit crew members & 2 volunteers per school will be able to enter the track free of charge. This class will not be racing for money but for college scholarships that they will recieve at the end of the season. How great is that? Racing for an education!

Archived