Question Regarding Super Stock Class

lenny66

Just another question to throw out here. We had a car built for SAS in the Street Stock Class. After the track closed we tried the TSRS, but the rules got way beyond our pocket book. This car has weight jacks, which are not allowed at THR in the Super Stocks and a fiberglass body also not allowed in the Super Stocks. We would love to get this car back on the track but in the Super Stock class where we feel the car was originally built for. Any chance that a rule change for Super Stocks at THR would allow our car back out. We enjoy supporting THR with our Mini Stock entries and a Grand Stock car (coming soon). But we would like to get our Street Stock out of mothballs and back to racing. We know that there are a few of these cars sitting around with no place to play, sure would be nice to see them all come out again. Thanx for your time. Lenny66 B)

Just curious, rather than having the track change their rules for to meet your specs, why don't you change your car to meet theirs?

Not trying to be argumentative, but I just wonder why individuals expect the tracks to continue to change their rules to cater to a few, and then the regression starts:

Car counts decline as numerous classes, with small car counts, consisting of similar appearing cars hit the track, resulting in diminished payouts, disinterested fan base, and on and on and down we go

CC57, Guess she'll have to stay parked till SAS reopens. <_< 31 racing. We would prefer to stay on asphalt and with our minis & Grand Stock running @ THR that would have been an ideal scenario for us to be able have our car out there supporting a different class. I appreciate the replies. Guess we'll see what the new year brings. Lenny66 B)

I think Lenny is just scared to run on dirt again.... :lol::P

Only thing I ran on dirt was motocross and hill climbs in California in the early 80's. I always heard that dirt was for getting to the track and asphalt was for racing on. :P:P Lenny66 B)

lenny66 , if u used the weight jacks in front tht have the threaded sleves u can put washers on ur shocks back in stock place n take the jack bolts out of the back then u could b legal tht is if ur runnin a metric car because tht is wat we would have too do too run a car with weight jack at a track tht wouldnt let us use weight jacks

Archived