Katy Race October 23rd & Greg Biffle Challenge November 5th CANCEL

It is with great disappointment that the Greg Biffle Challenge will not happen this year. Due to issues with the Track that this event was going to be held at. We will reschedule this race to coincide again with the NASCAR race at Texas Motor Speedway in November 2012.

The NASKART Pro Racing Series will also not be returning to GCKI for the make up race back in September when a wild fire broke out and ended the racing day early in the event. This has been decided on for the fact that we would have a very low kart count returning to Katy to race.

With all this being determined and going over many scenarios in my mind as well as talking with the NASKART Board members, I have made a decision that will most likely not make everyone happy. Especially since we have such a close points battle for the Championship. We have all raced 20 races this season with everyone having the opportunity to get as many points as possible towards the championship and would like to see the season end now. But we have had 21 races scheduled all year long. We have all had our ups and downs during the season and have persevered. It has been a long season already and to keep extending the season is not an option. I have biased feelings about which direction the series should go as well as unbiased feelings. I have weighed over all the determining factors and always come back to the one thing that effects us all. That is:

What's best for the NASKART Pro Racing Series?

So, with everything and more taken into consideration this is how the season will end:

We WILL be racing on November 5th to determine the championship for the NASKART Pro Racing Series. We have the Green light from Mary Ann Naumann as well as OTX, to have our last race of the season at Thunderhill Raceway. A schedule for that day will be posted as soon I can possible get it set up. This gives everyone 2 weeks to get their karts fixed and in order and to make plans to race.

I encourage all our fans to come out and see the last NASKART Pro Racing Series powered by Royal Purple event of the season and all fans of the championship contenders to come cheer them on!!

With this last race and only 2 points separating our championship leader, #07 Megan Smith, and 2nd in points, #21 Jason Marshall, the championship will be decided. Both have had multiple wins this season at Thunderhill and both are running very strong here at the end of the season. Who will be the the 2011 NASKART Pro Racing Series Champion and take the #1 plate from our 2010 Champion, Mike Steinman.

This was a hard decision to make and is my FINAL Decision.

I do encourage everyone to reply to this post with your feelings and comments. But again, my decision is final.

Archived