Classes and Rules for 2012

TRP

Thank you Ken. A couple of advance positive comments prior to a meeting. The second of which, I suspect will generate some discussion.

1. Would like to not see any changes that would cause additional costs in any class.

2. This one might have to be a transition, but I'd really like to see us start moving away from the 10" wheels and the dirt boss tires in Street Stocks. Frankly, the tires are really too expensive for this fender class for the average team. Also, I think we are missing out on several cars who would come and run with us on occasion, but will not right now because of the perception that the tires are a big advantage and the perception we are like the Houston area Street Stocks which are really a different animal. The 8" wheels and g60's are pretty much routine at most other tracks other than TRP and SOS, and I think you'd see more cars coming to run with us if this was more consistent. Given we are invested at present in the wheels and tires many of us have left over from this year, you might could make it an option year one and elimitate the 10" wheels and dirt boss tires by year 2. My main deal is cost of the tire, it wears very fast on dry slick and it is a limiting factor on helping us have some good car counts with cars from other areas not running with us on regular nights. We do not presently have something reasonably affordable for the beginner right now and this is basically our entry level class unless you are a teenager. Again, I do suspect this will generate several opinions on both sides of the fence, but I'm looking at this one for our future and sustainability of the class to help build some car counts.

Also, if there are any rule updates, please solidify those by early December at the latest.

G 60S ARE THE WAY TO GO IN MY OPINION. I BOUGHT FOUR NEW AND 4 WITH ABOUT 30 LAPS OF PRACTICE. I DID NOT RUN EVERY RACE BUT RAN A LOT OF LAPS. I GROOVED MY TIRES FOR THE $1000 BUCK SHOOTOUT AND FINISHED SECOND, SECOND AT EDNA STREET STOCK SHOOTOUT, FIRST AT I 37 AND 11TH AT GOLAID WITH OVERHEATING ENGINE.

BOBBY JACK

• 2 weeks later...

Texana Raceway will be running the following classes for the 2012 season.

Mini-Stocks

Classic Dwarfs

Street Stocks

Hot Stock Trucks

Sport / Limited Modifieds

We have not made a decision on the G60 tires as of yet.

Will let you know more information later as it becomes available.

for the limited rules all we need to do is go by imca and it will make it easy ! w/ exception of wheels and tires jmo looking foward to next year B)

Actually we are going by IMCA SSM rules except we are keeping our current header rule and you can still run Quardajet on a claim type motor. With a 602 Crate engine you can run any Holley 4 barrel carb. We are not changing the body rule, you can still run sail panel and spoiler of old.

Definitions:

Crate Engine: unaltered sealed GM #88958602 or #19258602 crate engine from General Motors.

Claim Engine: Engine built by an engine builder or yourself.

We do not claim at our track.

Archived