Hot Rod Hill Shut Down

ratdaddy

I had just read a post on the Texas Dwarfcar's web board about Hot Rod Hill being shut down because of the number of complaints from residents that live close to the track. This is kinda scary for THR because this can set a motion of waves across the country if this actually makes it to court.

[url=theeagle.com/region/localregional/071804hotrodhill.php

this oughta take you to the article

Hot Rod Hill (www.hotrodhillmotorpark.com) was shut down last Saturday night by a temporary injunction, according to the Bryan Eagle. A hearing was scheduled for Thursday, July 22, 2004, but has now been postponed until next Thursday, July 29, according to information posted on the track forum.

Racers and fans are circulating a petition of their own, and planning a party tonight at the track.

Ratdaddy,

What an absolute shame! The residents must really have the track and city officials in a tizy about this..

An update on THR's situation. As you know, Brian, Jim and Nick have been VERY strict about the enforcement of the 96-db rule. We haven't heard much from our neighbors the past couple months, and THR and Kyle city officials have a couple of "barrier" options on the table. I'm sure it will take a few more meetings between the two before some kind of barrier (and its financing) is agreed on..

Keep in mind, too. THR is in Kyle's ETJ, but we're not incorporated in the city. We're not required to do anything to cut down the noise from our track to the neighborhood behind us. However, we WANT to be good neighbors with those around us. That's why we've been very active in trying to get this issue resolved. I know things have "turned around" a bit because we've had 2 positive articles written in the Kyle Free Press--something that apparently was un-heard of in the past..

As someone who knows a little about the authority counties and cities have, a little bit about ordinances, and some business/marketing knowledge I would say that this guy just needs to cooperate with the community a little(see THR strategy) and hire a better attorney. (Or maybe he doesn't have one).

I agree that Wayne does need a better attorney. About 2 weeks ago (before the restraining order) he went to court for some of the tickets he had been issued. His attorney didn't show. According to the attorney, he had the wrong date. If he can't keep the date straight on the tickets, then how can he be of any help? If it was me, that attorney would have been fired ASAP.

Archived