Justin Oates #0 SAS

5StarRacing

This posting is a result of many inquiries about Justin.

Justin is 16 year's old and a sophomore at La Vernia High School. He is the son of Jason Oates, who has won several championships @ SAS and me, (Cindy Oates) , who managed the track for several years. Justin has been around racing since he was born.

Saturday was the first time that Justin climbed in to a race car. He had no practice and has never raced any other type of car. Saturday was also the first time that the car had been on the track since being rebuilt for the Sportsman class.

He finished 12th out of 18 cars. He was up to 10th place but spun on the last lap of the race, trying to pass the 9th place car.

Jason was very nervous, he said, it is a whole lot easier driving than watching Justin drive.

We think he did really well and we are very proud of him.

that is good that your son is racing. i hope he does good and it would be cool too see him and jason race against each other. family support is a must too me if you want too make it and believe me, i tried without the support of my parents and didnt fare too well. by support i mean moral support and love parents have for there kids in doing what they want too do.

hey justin, your supposed to spin the guy in front of you, not spin yourself lol. Sounds like you did a good job, hopefully ill get to see you on the track soon. Good luck.

Big John

P.S. Cindy, where is my darn trailer???

Jason Oates is one of the best "natural shoes" ever to run at SAS. Some guys have the feel for stock car racing more than others. Jason is one of those who made it look easy. I bet Justin inherited some of his Dad's ability!

Cindy: I remember Justin as a 3 or 4-year old hanging around SAS. Nothing scared him then either. Of course, nothing scares him Mom either. I bet Justin inherited some of his Mom's tenacity as well!

Nick Holt

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the positive comments.

I would also like to thank all the people that made it possible for me to race.

Greg & Jim @ Texas T's

Pete @ Kotzur Racing Engines

Tom @ RTM Construction

Joe, John & Tommy@ Aramendia Motorsports

Affordable Trailers & Ultimate Truck Accessories

Mom, Dad, Cody, Jacob & Papa

Thanks

Justin Oates #0

Archived