kids and racing

liljoe0804

I an my 8 year old son do not agree with this . this makes his week an sometimes even longer depending on what happenens at the track. been to monster truck races ,tractor pulls , nhra,an ihra,imca races an have not been told he could not be in the pits or the infeild with me as long as he is with me an not running around. trust me i am a ahole about him running around he listens an we have not had any problems.. if i remember right i changed his diaper in the alamodome down on the floor at a monsterjam. my buddies just laughed an we went on.....

i spoke to both sara and john on saturday night. they were both very apologetic and explained the situation as it was.

then I'm not really sure why you're trying to publicly build some momentum to pressure some sort of a change? The change you're asking for isn't something the tracks have much control over. If it is what it is, then why come on here and try to elevate it?

I'm assuming the only reason anyone has been allowed in the pits underage is because they don't ID people as they cross the track. They go by appearance? If something had happened to your son and the parties whom state what is allowed and not allowed, found out, I bet the penalties would be pretty severe for the track. I guess now the only way to prevent this is two different colored arm bands, one for allowed in hot-pits, and not allowed in hot pits.

the reason i am bringing it up here is simply to find out if anyone has any other examples or suggestions of why a waiver of liability is only recognized for the pit area and not covered in "hot pit" as explained here before. Is it a hard fact or an interpretation of the rule? Are there any exceptions to this rule? As i said before exceptions HAVE been made to "nascar" rules in the past and will be made again in the future. so the reason i am bringing this to social media is who better to start a grassroots effort to see change then the people that participate on a regular basis. This forum is intended for discussion of this nature in my opinion. I haven't tried to "slam" or "bash" anyone or any entity. I, on the contrary, have been complimentary of the efforts on all parties involved. I am simply trying to strike a spark of discussion that could someday start a fire to make some things a bit more level when it comes to all participants in short track racing. If i am off base or wrong in that opinion i am sure that Nick will let me know and if asked to stop i will. I want to keep my son involved in the sport i love and will do anything within reason to see that it is so. I follow and respect rules, and would rather seek a change or exemption from them they a way around them. this is a lesson i will try to pass on to my sons as well. nothing wrong with standing up and saying i don't feel this is right, if i win some support and discussion of the situation then i am happy and feel i have done all i can. if nothing comes of it, i can look my son in the eyes and tell him that his father fought for him. don't feel that is a bad lesson to pass along

Archived