SOUTH TEXAS STREETSTOCK SHOOTOUT

i37DirtTrackMama

I-37 would like to congratulate all of the winners of the 2nd annual South Texas Street Stock Shootout. All of the three of the series of races were great competitive races with good clean racing. We would also like to thank Stephan Danielson and Monte Chamberlain for all the work and time they have put towards this event; it was very well organized. We know these things don’t just fall into place.

Saturday afternoon was an interesting afternoon for I-37. At about 3:15 the prep crew and a few of the drivers were gathered in the snack shack waiting out the pouring rain and dangerous lightning. We had unplugged the steamers and crockpots and were talking about what to do with the food we had prepared. Eric was laying on a cooler thinking about the alligator he had seen on 281 on his way to the hotel the night before, and Jim was answering the phone nonstop. All of a sudden it quit raining as quickly as it had started. Eric went out and checked the track and decided it was repairable so the race was on and it was full speed ahead.

We want to thank our track employees. Most all of them have been with us since we took over the track 4 years ago and know their responsibilities and do them plus whatever else needs to done to make it happen. We would also like to thank the drivers and fans for their continued support and look forward to seeing everyone again on Saturday night for another great night of racing.

Archived