110" wheelbase

Jason

Jason,

What class are you thinking about?

If it is something like a pure stock or street stock, the Nova is the way to go. It is the same front and rear stub as the Camero and those classes usually don't allow Camero's. As far as strength is concerned, they can be made just as strong as a full framed car and lighter at the same time. If you ever get around Kerrville, I'll show you 2 or 3 that have been done, and are actually stronger than full frames.

I'm thinking about bombers at CCMS and the occasional trip to the 3 other TTOPA tracks (i37, THR, and SAS). It was real good seeing the i37 farmers come down and race. That damn 26 car was fast till he forgot he was on asphalt and tried to find the cusion in turn 1. :) All 3 were fast. It was a good race considering there was such a low car count. 25 cars on that track in the bomber class is cool but 10-12 is a nice breather especially when you have the best ccms bomber guys out there racing hard (88, 71, 46).

Jason,

I-37, CCMS, & SAS allow the 108" cars. Not sure about THR. I run my Monte Carlo at all three and don't even change the gear. Parts are still a plenty as the pontiacs and oldsmobiles are the same.

Jason, A little bit of advice. If you are considering a Nova to run at CCMS that would be an excellent choice.What I would recommend you do is check with Owen on the rules for that car. The rules specifies no camaro's but not limited to camaro's only and being that the nova is basically the same you may want to find out if it would or wouldn't be legal before you get started.

If you have any questions or need some help let me know. Rat

I have never understood why THR did not allow the 108" wheelbase cars.  They bigger cars are getting harder to find.

Dancer i agree, I have a metric body car already set up to run on dirt that it sure would be great to beable to run local.

Hey Thunder Hill wake up! You got cars out there who want to race but can't because your rules are the oddball rules. Out of the TTOPA track THR is the only one with these rediculous wheelbase rules.

Hey Thunder Hill wake up! You got cars out there who want to race but can't because your rules are the oddball rules. Out of the TTOPA track THR is the only one with these rediculous wheelbase rules.

I am awake Jason. We will be looking at the wheelbase rules for 2005.

Nick Holt

Archived