I37 Purestock @ Thunderhill

31Racing

I was just thinking about what it would be like to run my purestock at thunderhill on a off night at I37! Not to start a mess about rules, but could it be possible to do this with me changing minor stuff, or would the car have to be to exact spec? I used to run SAS and wouldnt mind stepping back onto asphalt for a night! We have to pull vac (15@ 800) i believe, run cast intakes w/4412 (no marine), no ramhorns! My car is automatic w/locked rear! I would like to try this even just for car count, and going scratch! Any info would be approciated! Thanks George Reyes

WE Thunder Stock Drivers would love to have you Just keep in mind there is a tight point battle and to watch out for those cars but other than that come out and have fun If any thing we have a slight motor advantage we have no vaccum rule but we have a 100lb valve spring rule and we run edlebrock 2101 aluminum performer intakes and we can run ramhorns and your right we run an open rear end come on out we will have some fun and Hopefully you will think about coming back there are some of us that plan on coming to 37

True Bobby, didn't think about the points run! That probaly wouldn't be a good idea trying to figure out a new track while points are tight(out of respect)! Mabe I'll hold out and try for you guys end of season race! I'm going to try to get out there and scout the track out, haven't been there in a while! Thanks GR31

It's always best to get in touch with THR Technical Director Jack Sanderfur with questions concerning the THR rules. He's been doing the THR deal for years and knows the rules inside out.

Jack can be reached at (512) 281-5489. His email is jrsdean@airmail.net

Nick

i say the more the merrier , especially at spectacular , start scratch they will tell you if the leaders are coming either by scanner or with move over flag , dont see no harm with that thats only if they need to . your not going to running for points .let the payout go and go see what the car and yourself can do

i say the more the merrier , especially at spectacular , start scratch they will tell you if the leaders are coming either by scanner or with move over flag , dont see no harm with that thats only if they need to . your not going to running for points .let the payout go and go see what the car and yourself can do

I agree...and not to mention most people would rather watch a race with more cars then what's the usual thunderstock car count.....JMO ;);) I'm sure it's easier "running for points' with less cars

Nick I have much respect for Jack and I do know the buck stops there but for a once or twice run we drivers should be asked Nova too I dont mind running with a nova if there just wanting to check things out ! 31racing unlike dirt we have alot of practice 6-11 on friday night before the race where you can get alot of practice in free camping at the track also if you have a long drive We do run scanners if you dont have one for the race come find me I have an extra so If you drive to have fun you wont have a problem with the points racers I say talk to Jack like Nick said and if anything come out on friday for practice bound to be another Thunder there you can run with to see where you stack up

We wouldn't mind running also with our purestock from i37, but we have a standard with a locked rear end, i haven't looked at the rules in a while but if i remember correctly the thunderstock cars are allowed a little more motor than us so i wouldn't think we would have any advantage, i know when ya'll have run with us at our big race your cars ran up front. Just a one race deal

We wouldn't mind running also with our purestock from i37, but we have a standard with a locked rear end, i haven't looked at the rules in a while but if i remember correctly the thunderstock cars are allowed a little more motor than us so i wouldn't think we would have any advantage, i know when ya'll have run with us at our big race your cars ran up front. Just a one race deal

yea those thunderstock motors sounds real healthy , compared to our PURE stock motors!!!

Archived