Corpus ministocks

thumper

I have talked to several people about the new sport compact class comming next year.Many did not know that most of the old minnies sitting around collecting dust can be easily converted to be a legal entry as a SC car.It is NOT a front wheel drive class,its a sports car class without the expensive engines.

Basically there are several choices for the car.All use stock engines and drive trains but are allowed to do some tuning of suspension.That puts the race back into the hands of the driver.

My reason for this post is for anyone with an old mini can install a stock engine and trans from a wreck and go race.Dont throw those cars away.People will be looking for something already built.Post them for sale if your not going to use them.Some of the RGS cars are planning to do that also.

From what I understand ultimately the fastest cars will be newer cars with good factory setups but in the beginning any car has a great chance if tuned and driven properly.We dont yet know what will be the best.Small car with a standard,big car with an automatic front wheel drive or rear wheel drive.Old tested car or new improved model.It depends on what you find,I guess. :o

Archived