HMP Race 8/20/11 Modifieds

xzgqh6

It's time to start the car count. So far we have $2000 to win $200 to start and no enrty fee, with rumors of more to add.

Modifieds so far:

13 - I heard he was gonna show if he can get that big head through the window.

Who next??????????????

Lone Star Speedzone will be there for the Umscheid Race Services Live Interactive Updates!

Nick

Nick what car are going to drive

The silver Malibu.

OH.. you mean race car? LOL

Looks like another great car count!

Nick

To my knowledge there were no cars tore up at Kyle so who will make it from Kyle and how about the rest. Still 2000. to win 200. to start and no entry fee. We have 12 so far and several of you that raced 2 weeks ago have not responded. Who will be next to respond.

Just heard the 07 will be atending. That makes 13 cars so far: 07 - 1- 6 - 7 - 8 - 13 - 23 - 33 - 35 - 59 - 82 - 88 - 91.

Still have not heard from the: 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 10 - 14 - 15 - 18 - 22 - 26 - 30 - 32 - 39 - 41 - 42 - 44 - 47 - 61 - 78 - 81 - 97 and others I may have missed.

Guys if we can keep a good car count we may be able to keep these good purses coming our way. I can say that all I heard fans saying after the race was over the last 2 races, is this is some of the best racing they have ever seen and will continue to come back for more. We have to do our part to keep em coming back. Just remember we are still racing for more to start than many recieve for finishing in the top 4 spots at any track. I have looked at the purse for Mobile, Pensicola and the USA Mods in the midwest and they are a traveling series that do not run for the purse we race for. I spoke to a fellow racer in Ohio this week to get an idea of there purse payouts and they pay 100. to start and 1500 to win on regular shows and 2500. to 3000. on special shows with 200. to start. With that said we are what I would consider to be a premier local series racing for one hell of a purse on a bi-weekly basis. To take this a step further I have been talking to one of the top Late model and Modified chassis builders who races in the Illinouis, Ohio, Indiana, Mich, area and he cannot believe we are getting these type of $$$ to race for when they are racing Late Models like ours at HMP and they are racing for 500. to 600. to win with 20 car starting fields. I quess considering our economy we are fortunate to have a great facility to race at and some of the best racers and teams in the country to show up and race on any given Saturday. Need I say we also have began to start a large fans base for the Mods. Lets keep up the good work and make sure we support the track, with the track we cant race. WHOS NEXT ON THE LIST???????????????????????????

The 61 will not make anymore races this season. Atleast not with me as the owner. However if anyone has ambition and a motor they can own a super nice competitive car and possibly make the next race.

Cory

Just got off the phone with Sonny Hunt and the 41 will be there too. So here is the latest list:

07 Austin Wayne Self

1 Art Kunzeman

6 Tim Ortiz

7 Brian Otts

8 Jason "Bad Boy" Boyd

13 Ian "Party Animal" Webster

23 Howard Willis

33 Jason "Stormin" Morman

35 Mark Stevens

41 Sonny Hunt

59 Richard Smith Jr.

82 Pat Kinsey

88 Larry "Hot Rod" Hughes

91 Zak "Attack" Hausler

Its Wednesday and we are still showing 15 cars. I have heard rumors of 2 to 4 more but they have not respomded. Teams that have not responded are:

2 - 4 - 5 - 10 - 14 - 15 - 18 - 22 - 26 - 30 - 32 - 39 - 42 - 44 - 47 - 78 - 81 - 97 and others I may have missed. Remember $200 to start no entry fee and $2000 to win. that more than the Snowball Derby pays for the Modifieds, the biggest Mod Show in the country, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived