LIFE of a Valve

Hansen99

I recently broke a valve which my piston smacked thru the head damage I cant afford for it to keep happening usually we check the spring pressure and throw the heads on the block and with one valve breaking (it broke very close to the head ) does this mean we should go with all new valves or what ? ? ? ? ? Mr Bishop If you reply and I hope you do you seem to be very smart keep it simple I am a plumber and your replys are usually over my head with talk of coefficent this and formulas for that you usually lose me THANKS AHEAD OF TIME FOR ANY AND ALL REPLYS

:blink:

exhaust valves every season or engine rebuild, intakes every other rebuild. that'll keep you out of trouble. make sure you get some good quality valves like ferras or manley, Rvs, ect. that extra few dollars per valve is worth it in the long run. guessing this is like a limited or or modified or similair engine?

Agreed. But add when dressing them if the margin is reduced by more than 30% - time to replace.

BE SURE TO CHECK THE GUIDE CLEARANCE, OUT OF ROUND and STRAIGHTNESS!!!

What doesn't stick at low RPM will gladly stick at high...

I would tear down my motor every season, after about 20 races, and replace all the valves, valve springs, pistons, rings, and bearings. Never had a problem with a broken valve or piston. But make sure you get good valves. They make $2.00 and $20.00 dollar stainless steel valves. Ferreras cost more, but they will outlast a basic stainless steel valve.

Archived