Thank you for every thing, Jeff Zavesky

I met Jeff early in the first season I was here at Shady Oaks. He came to me and offered to assist my friend K C who was flagging at the time. I liked Jeff from the first time I met him and immediately accepted his offer. Over the next two years Jeff and I became good friends and Jeff did way more than just wave a flag on Saturday nights. Jeff has cared for Shady Oaks as much as I and many others and has gone the extra mile to see this place succeed. If I could do more in recognition of Jeff's good deeds, he surely deserves them. Jeff has made it clear his health will no longer allow him to stand on the flag stand on Saturday night. He loses a day and a half for the four hours spent on the flag stand. Health is something we all take for granted. Jeff, unfortunately is diabetic and his legs and lower back can no longer hold him up for long periods at a time. We are going to miss Jeff, a familiar face on the flag stand, and I cannot thank him enough for all he has done and will do in a different capacity for Shady Oaks Speedway.

Thank you again,

Jim and the gang here at Shady Oaks.

Jeff it was a pleasure working with you while I was flagging at Shady Oaks. Sorry you couldn't stay on the flag stand, but I know it wears on ya. I have noticed it myself. The last time I was there I watch you and though you did an outstanding job. Good luck to you and thanks for helping out Jim and the speedway with everything you did. K.C.

Archived