do you think labontes need to help cc speedway

shadykid414

i think the lobantes need to help cc speed way or open another track because they started racing in corpus and its there home town and alot of other racecar drivers helped there hometown tracks and kept the in good condition and cc speed way is in crapy condition the track has huge cracks in it and pot holes its crapy.

what other tracks and what other drivers???? owen charge this guy 5$ more admission,so he can do his part to support his "crappy" local track.....

Well i do know that the boys from Owenboro KY. have helped there home track out and Ken Shrader actually bought one of his home tracks before it went under.

It would be nice if Terry Labonte helped out in someway, but Damn give Doc a chance to continue with improvements. I think his first improvement has been a success, he got a track manager that does a good job of running the place. It will take a little time to bring the track back upto standards (obviously shadykid has higher standards than the rest of us), but we still have good car count and fan count is growing every week.

BE PATIENT!!!!

shadykid414,

Is 14 your age? I've watched races at CC speedway since the early 70's. It's in some of the best shape its ever been in. Sure, every track needs this or needs that. Support your local track, don't rely on someone like TL to be the savior. Give the new track management a chance. I would bet they have big plans for the track.

Mel

Guest The_Greek

Terry used to come to CC and race once a year, not every year i might add, would be nice to him run a race with the boys at CC Speedway every once in awhile, btw i dont think i remember Bobby Labonte ever ran here.

i dont think terry labonte ever help ccs because he dont even have a home in his home state ,he proble dont even care about texas anymore because he dont live here anymore if he did he would still live here like some other texas drives that are in narscar do.

Terry still comes bactk to texas from time to time and hunts with friends it would be nice if he helped CC speedway where he got his stock car start, but then he sould maybe help the 1/4 midget track where he raced before cc speedway and SAS where he was the first lm champion the year it opened. Im sure there are other tracks that feel the same way.

If memory serves me correct, I believe he has some land up near Refugio and hunts up there every once in a while. He does something for Corpus Christi everytime he gets into his car on Sundays. How many NASCAR drivers actually live in thier home state?

Tim

I think he still comes down and hunts a couple of times a year. I'm not to sure he comes down much any more after Yates passed away.

Shady,

Have you ever watched a NASCAR race on TV or better yet been to one live? Most of the older tracks have horrendous surfaces. Look at all the patch work. Look at cars bottoming out (especially at the night races). If 14 is your age, as Mel has already asked, then you probably don't know that Corpus Christi Motor Speedway was built just about at the end of World War II (that would be in the mid-40's). There is absolutely nothing wrong with the racing surface at CC Motor Speedway. Like others have already said, give the new track management a chance to make improvements. They have some big plans, just give them time.

By the way...what does letting cars run slicks have to do with this thread?

The surface is in way better shape it was before it was repaved in 1985,and without the drop off exiting turn 2. Richard Ford is the reason for the dip in between 3 and 4,one night he lost his gas tank and dumped fuel all over the track. The track still has some good racing in it yet. Owen and Doc are doing a good job, I think all their hard work will pay off.

Implying that the Labonte's should "fix" CCMS or open another track has to be the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Sure, it would be "cool" if one of them came back to Corpus for racing or track purposes, but to state in not so many words, that they are obligated to because they are from here just shows the ignorance of ShadyKid. Like they don't have enough to do as it is. Terry comes back annually for a motorcycle run to benefit kids (not sure of all the details) and hunting. Saying he needs to do something for racing here is like saying that Lou Diamond Philips is obligated to make Corpus famous, just because he went to school in Flour Bluff. Get real! If ShadyKid dislikes the track conditions so much, maybe he should proposition the Labonte's himself, or give the new track owners a chance to get going. Doc has barely owned the track for 6 months. Don't you think he has some track improvements up his sleeve. He knows the tracks conditions, he races/raced here. You honestly think he bought it from the Yocum's purely for profit. Anyway, JMO. Why was this thread opened anyway???

Fire Racer

Implying that the Labonte's should "fix" CCMS or open another track has to be the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

Then you have not heard many rediculous things in your life because Kid raised a legitmate question. Many Cup racers have gone back to their racing roots and invested in the local racing scene.

Why was this thread opened anyway???

Because someone wanted to bring up something that was on his/her mind. That's what forums are for.

Nick Holt

At least the track is not in the same condition it was in about 13-14 years ago. Do you remember the shack they called the restrooms?

There has been tremendous improvements made and I am sure they will not stop there. All it takes is time and money, sometimes, it takes a little more time, to make the money. B)

Terry does have a ranch outside of Freer, Tx. He has stated that he may retire to Texas someday. The Labonte's in noway are obligated to do anything for Texas racing. They have done more for Texas racers than anyone in my short memory, ( they have continued to claim Corpus Christi as their home, they have refered to Corpus as home on many occasions.) They will always be remembered as Texas racers with Texas manors and Texan humility. Something that is lacking in sports stars of today. My loyality to them as a fan is beyond doubt. My wish is many more sports stars would take serious the example of humility they have shown to the kids of todays generation. JMO Fastoval

Nick,

You obviously didn't "hear" the sarcasm in my previous post. I know perfectly well why this post was opened. My point was that the Labonte's are not "OBLIGATED" to help CCMS, and to imply that they are is ridiculous. As I stated previously, it would be a "cool" thing for them to help, if they were approached and than chose to do so. But for ShadyKid to imply that this track is in such "crapy condition," and then to say the Labonte's should fix it, struck me very wrong. It almost sounded as if the Labonte's were being bashed or blamed for the condition of CCMS and it is now their job to fix it.

I think that if ShadyKid feels so strongly about this, then he should seriously consider writing a letter to Terry Labonte. As you stated, "Many cup racers have gone back to their racing roots and invested in the local racing scene."

Nick,

You obviously didn't "hear" the sarcasm in my previous post.

What I heard was someone telling someone else that their idea (or implication as you referred to it) was the most ridiculous thing you had ever heard.

Nick Holt

Archived