THR officiating

Truck99

At the risk of being called a kiss-up, I'm going to post this anyway. From my viewpoint, the THR officials did a great job of making the difficult calls last night. There were some tough ones to be made, but they were made quickly and fairly. Keep up the good work guys.

cs

:rolleyes:

Man Nick,

Your're really asking me to stick my neck out there, aren't you! LOL

The best examples I saw were during the late model feature race. During one incident, the 22 car got a run down the front straight under the 03 car and definatelely won the position before they got to turn 1. The 22 car was at that ill-famed "door post" spot as they entered the turn. The 03 car came down on the 22 car and got spun out. The 03 went to the back and the 22 car kept his spot.

In another call, the 22 car got loose on the outside of the 15 car and came down into the 15 car, knocking the 15 car down into the dirt. The 15 car kept his spot and the 22 car went to the back.

There were others, but these two were ones that could have been controversial and were, in my opinion, ruled the right way.

You know, not taking away from the officials, but I guess it's easier when you only have 6 cars to watch. LOL

cs

Chase

Yea I do agree that there were some good calls saturday, but there was one bad call that really sticks in my mind. The line up for the latemodel heat was 40,03,4,15 (which didnt start),22,54. The 54 decided on the very first start to hang back beside the 22 eventhough the 15 did not start. There was a caution on the first lap when 03 spun and hit the wall he broke and went off the track. On the complete restart they then put the 54 that started in 6th place up to the 2nd place starting position. I just dont understand how the 6th place car on a complete restart can start in 2nd when the 3rd place and 5th place cars were still in there origional postions.

Well, since I do the scoring and line ups once the cars are on the track, let me see if I can answer that for you.

Ok his is how all of the cars that signed up to race SHOULD have started the heat and Feature.

40 15

03 4

54 22

Before any cars ever came on to the track 15 dropped out. And 36 said ahead of time when he signed in that he would not be running the heat.

So the line up was adjusted to look like this.

40 03

4 54

On the first start the 54 was lagging back a little, because he had been having trouble with the car and was not sure how it would run.

We started and then had a yellow before any laps where complete.

03 pitted.

So, the line up looked like this.

40 54

4 22

Now, once the cars have come on to the track---the line up is not flip flopped around, the row that lost a car just moves up.

So, that is why they may have looked a little funny.

Then on the second restart again before any laps where complete, we had another yellow. After two attempts to start a race, we go with a single file restart.

So, on the third try the line up looked like this.

I hope this answers your question. It was not a bad call. It was just a matter of procedure. This is the way we have always done it since the second year. It even happened Saturday night in the Street Stock race, but because of the numerous amount of cars out there you just didn't notice it.

:)

Ok Kathy (edited by Nick Holt, 4/14/03) on the first resatrt when no laps where completed how did the 54 get in front of the 4 when no laps had been completed. I mean its just kinda funnt to me if you go back and check your sheets i think youll see what im talking about . :D

Kathy this is start of the race

40 03

4 54

the 4 car is in 3rd and the 54 is in 4th right

40 54

4 22

Ok well the 03 car pits why does the 4 car not goto second and the 54 car go to 3rd since no laps were completed. In all my life i thought that is how things worked i mihgt be worng but maybe you can help me with this subject.

dude randy read what kathy put she explained it completly. Once the cars are on the track they do not flip flop rows they just move up the row that had a car pit. They have always done it. I got ur back kathy LOL :D

Archived