THR announces second postseason race date

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

July 7, 2004

Thunder Hill Raceway announces second postseason race date

There will be a second postseason race at Thunder Hill Raceway (THR) this year, the race track in Kyle announced today.

Thunder Hill Raceway will run races on Saturday, Oct. 2nd, which will be recognized as A-Line Auto Parts Night at the Races.The auto parts dealer, which sponsors the A-Line Auto Parts Streets Stocks class at THR, will be the title sponsor for the second postseason race.

"We're very appreciative that A-Line Auto Parts has stepped up for us and given us a second night of (postseason) races," said THR GM/Co-owner Brian Callaway. "We're currently working on the classes of cars that we'll run that night, and we'll make that announcement at a press conference here at the track on Thursday, July 22. I don't want to give anything away, but I can promise you that local race fans will be very excited when we make that announcment."

"We've been working on this project for about two months, and we can't thank Kurt Filbert and the gang at A-Line Auto Parts enough for making this a reality," stated THR Marketing/PR/Media Director Chuck Licata. "As Brian said, we'll make the official announcement of classes (of cars) we'll run that night, plus other events and ticket prices for the night, at the press conference on July 22. We're going to work on getting a few more sponsors in hopes of increasing the payout to the drivers who support us that night."

Licata added, "I'm happy to acknowledge that we've hooked up with the folks at KPEZ-FM in Austin (Z-102.3 FM) for A-Line Auto Parts Night on Oct. 2. The great folks at Z-102 will not only help us promote the night on their station but do a couple of live remotes at the track. Chris Cooley and the 'Z-gang' have been some of the many people who have helped promote the track and help us turn things around at Thunder Hill this year. We appreciate them, and their efforts will help us fill the grandstands on our Oct. 2 race date."

Thunder Hill Raceway is a 3/8-mile paved oval race track that runs races every Saturday night from March through October. THR is located off IH-35 at exit 210 (Yarrington Road exit), just 15 minutes south of Austin and 10 minutes north of San Marcos. For more information, please visit THR's web site at www.thunderhillraceway.com or call the track at (512) 736-8230.

Thunder Hill Raceway announces second postseason race date

There will be a second postseason race at Thunder Hill Raceway (THR) this year, the race track in Kyle announced today.

I'm guessing that the first annoucement or first post season race is the Stock car spectacular.

I see lots and lots of street stocks as well.

Not even a hint???

Sorry, not even a hint...

You'll just have to wait until July 22nd..

Jason..

Is that a NEW chimp??? Is that one of your cousins, or what???

:D:D:D

Archived