Keeping mud/dirt off your cars

SassyCassie14

A COUPLE PEOPLE HAVE ASKED ME THIS LATELY, SO I FIGURE THERE ARE MORE OUT THERE THAT DON'T KNOW WHAT TO USE...

HERE'S SOME THINGS THAT WILL HELP.

1. BABY OIL (works good, but if you have vinyl graphics, it does tend to start peeling them off over time)

2. MUD X or MUD OFF

3. I've heard of people that used ordinary dishwashing liquid, diluted 50/50 and sprayed on with a pressure sprayer. Stops the mud sticking initially, won't mess up the paintwork or vinyl signage and helps with the post-race washdown.

4. also heard, cheap fabric softener mixed about 50/50 in a sprayer and makes the car smell good too lol

5. Pam cooking spray

Now, there are some that spray diesel onto the nose and under fenders to try to keep the mud from sticking. DON'T RECOMMEND THIS ONE!!!

HOPE THAT HELPS!

We've experimented with various things.... But from past experience, best way we found to keep mud off the nose of the car specifically, is to get to the front quick, stay there, and when approaching lap cars, don't spend a lot of time behind them deciding when to pass.... ;)

I have found that a dryslick track from the heat races on seems to work best....

and...15 years ago diesel was what everyone used....I have ran it hundreds of times....but...then some genius found baby oil....works just as good and smells better..lol

but...I have not used anything all year long...without packing..have not seen a need..lol

haven't seen anyone use diesel in the last couple years thou. but i'm sure there are stil people that still do it.

and mark, yes, there was one other product that you can use, but I left it off for good reason... lol

Why is the track gonna be heavy for now on ? If it is I need more motor >

desiel was the way. and i love heavy track especially red dirt

Where do you find RED DIRT in the south TEXAS area???...Frank t

YOU DONT BUT WISH YOU DID

Archived