Racing Saturday July 2nd, 2011

TRP

This Saturday night we are inviting all of the area Modified's to come race at our track.

We hear that you have the night off in Houston, and we are inviting yall to run at our track.

We should have cars from Corpus, Victoria, Houston, and the surrounding areas come in for this one.

We want to do something for these guys. Talked to the owners of TRP and this is what they want to do.

We want to add to the purse for the winner as follows:

10 cars / 15 cars / 20+ cars

1st $500 / $600 / $700

2nd $350 / $350 / $350

3rd $225/ $225 / $225

4th $150 / $150 / $150

5th $100 / $100 / $100

6th $80 / $80 / $80

7th $70 / $70 / $70

8th $60 / $60 / $60

9th $50 / $50 / $50

10th- 24th $50 / $50 / $50

We have had some talk about some sponsors for this event. :)

Heck I'll throw in a $100 if we have 15 or more cars!!! :P

If we can get the cars here, this is the minimum we will pay for the car count listed.

As more sponsors come on board I'll will pass the info along and advertise it for all to read.

If you'd like to sponsor this race and add to the purse, PM me on here and I will contact you.

I will be glad to advertise for you as a sponsor of this event at the track.

Let's see if we can get the fire started.

Thanks!!!

Jordan / Aire of Victoria - a/c and heating repair, has put $100 in the purse to match mine.

Jesse Manning has also added $100 to the purse as well.

This makes $300 added on top of the purse posted!!!

We will determine as to where it will be placed on race night.

Thank you so much! See yall at the track!!! :)

TRP, is the $300 extra in addition to the purse posted where you are currently at for the mods? Just curious as you might be able to intice some of the I-37 mods given they are off this week. They are IMCA mods, but the IMCA cars always run good at Texana given the slick but smooth track by feature time takes a fair bit of the big motor outta the game. Would be fun to see a good count of these cars.

TRP, is the $300 extra in addition to the purse posted where you are currently at for the mods? Just curious as you might be able to intice some of the I-37 mods given they are off this week. They are IMCA mods, but the IMCA cars always run good at Texana given the slick but smooth track by feature time takes a fair bit of the big motor outta the game. Would be fun to see a good count of these cars.

The $300 is going to be added to the purse posted above. The track has added to the purse for this event which reflects the purse listed above. We are trying to determine where to put the additional Sponsors ($300 so far) money, whether add to the winner's purse or add it to finishing positions further back. Any Ideas?

why not draw position numbers at drivers meeting to determine where extra money will go. to me that seems like an incenative for even more cars to come knowing that there might be a chance for them to get more money even if someone has an off night

why not draw position numbers at drivers meeting to determine where extra money will go. to me that seems like an incenative for even more cars to come knowing that there might be a chance for them to get more money even if someone has an off night

Hmmm. I kinda like that idea. Never thought of that. Duly noted.

Ok... So brainstorming going on... How about the idea above, but with a little further twist. With the theory of drawing what positions the extra money goes into, how about doing that as the mods enter the track for the feature. This incorporates the thought of some extra help for other than the top, but also keeps an element of suspense. At present, you have a known purse based on car count for three different scenarios, so that's a done deal. And at the moment you have a known $300 extra (you might have more by race time)... Going with the known extra and if it stays at $300 as an example, divide it up like $150, $100, $50... Place numbers in a bucket from 2 through however many are starting feature. As they enter the track draw a number noting it is for the extra $150, then a number for the $100, etc... Announce this over the PA system, where everyone can hear it, but the drivers have no idea. This keep the element of surprise, and would eliminate any pre-strategic approach, but everyone knows that at least three people will have something good happen, just not sure who when you start the feature....

Also, I communicated with a guy from San Antonio who is trying to make it this weekend. He will need to purchase methanol at the track. How much is methanol per gallon at the track, and you have plenty on hand, right? He will monitor this thread for the answer.

Ok... So brainstorming going on... How about the idea above, but with a little further twist. With the theory of drawing what positions the extra money goes into, how about doing that as the mods enter the track for the feature. This incorporates the thought of some extra help for other than the top, but also keeps an element of suspense. At present, you have a known purse based on car count for three different scenarios, so that's a done deal. And at the moment you have a known $300 extra (you might have more by race time)... Going with the known extra and if it stays at $300 as an example, divide it up like $150, $100, $50... Place numbers in a bucket from 2 through however many are starting feature. As they enter the track draw a number noting it is for the extra $150, then a number for the $100, etc... Announce this over the PA system, where everyone can hear it, but the drivers have no idea. This keep the element of surprise, and would eliminate any pre-strategic approach, but everyone knows that at least three people will have something good happen, just not sure who when you start the feature....

Also, I communicated with a guy from San Antonio who is trying to make it this weekend. He will need to purchase methanol at the track. How much is methanol per gallon at the track, and you have plenty on hand, right? He will monitor this thread for the answer.

Talked to our fuel man and we are having trouble getting any Methanol for this weekend. He believes that we have about 50 gals left. Looks like we will not be able to get anymore for this weekend. Sorry! :unsure:

We will sell what we have left at the track. Price is $5.00 per gallon.

Thank you.

Hope to have good car count and fan count Saturday night. I will be working on the track in the morning again, due to someone "running" a vehicle on the track leaving ruts in the turns! :angry:

So, got to start over again. I'll have it smooth for you guys!! See yall tomorrow! B)

Archived