Tire Sniffin Dog/Working for a Racetrack

ProTree

Nice article in Sept issue of Circle Track-seems California Irwindale Speedway was having a problem with racers soaking their tires-(which was illegal at their track)so in order to stop the soaking the track brought in a retired bomb sniffing dog-the track contacted Interquest Detection Canines and told em of their problem-they trained this dog to sniff out the chemicals used to treat tires and the first nite they had the dog sit in the inspection lines and sniff tires as the car rolled thru-the dog picked 3 cars out of the line and the drivers confessed they had soaked-so if you happen to go to a track and see a dog in the inspection line-hope you havent soaked em-by the way Nick,i got a 2 yr old bassett hound with a hell of a nose for scents-want me to have her trained-we could bring her out to thr-lol

Tommy42,

Nick,i got a 2 yr old bassett hound with a hell of a nose for scents-want me to have her trained-we could bring her out to thr-lol

Naw.. that's OK Tommy. No one would even consider soaking their tires at THR.

Cough.. Cough.. What is that hydrocarbon I smell???

Nick Holt

Guest The_Greek
Nice article in Sept issue of Circle Track-seems California Irwindale Speedway was having a problem with racers soaking their tires-(which was illegal at their track)so in order to stop the soaking the track brought in a retired bomb sniffing dog-the track contacted Interquest Detection Canines and told em of their problem-they trained this dog to sniff out the chemicals used to treat tires and the first nite they had the dog sit in the inspection lines and sniff tires as the car rolled thru-the dog picked 3 cars out of the line and the drivers confessed they had soaked-so if you happen to go to a track and see a dog in the inspection line-hope you havent soaked em-by the way Nick,i got a 2 yr old bassett hound with a hell of a nose for scents-want me to have her trained-we could bring her out to thr-lol

nice find Tommy, now if only they could train that dog to find some of the other cheating tactics lol

lol Yea but really i'm tired of the drivers that are afraid to lose a position to a faster car so they block you come on it's saturday night short track racing. this isn't nascar then theres the people that will try to wreck you so you can't get by them. But i think Thr said they were gonna crack down on that. Who knows ???

--Chris

Archived