Annual "Aaron Hudgeons Memorial" Date set

TRP

I've got a couple questions. Are modifieds running at this event? How much are shirts? What all information do I need to send with the sponsorships? Thanks Kevin

shirts are going to be sold for $15.00 a personal add is $25.00 for name and business is $50.00 for name and phone number need to send name how its to be put on shirt and phone number if a business sponsorship. as for modifieds i'm not sure...

Counting Down... I have a phone conference scheduled this evening with the track owner (Bruce). He and I will go over some plans for the event and what assistance he may desire from me. From that my wife Cindy and I will be laying out the flyer for this event. We will do the flyer and provide it to Bruce for printing and to Ken (track promoter) so he can advertise the event in greater detail. We will go ahead and post the flyer here on Speedzone and may have to enable the assistance of our old friend Nick. Form that point Ken (under TRP on here) will be posting information and responding to the specifics around the event... If you go to the Texana website at www.texanaracewaypark.org you can see the picture / graphic we will be using on the flyer. Racer027 is going to see if they can make that work on t-shirts also. If so, that will be very cool.

My guess is August 27th may be one of the biggest things Texana has ever seen and will rival the USMTS events and ASCS Sprint Car events in fan and car attendance. Bruce has definitely taken the initiative to do some outstanding special shows and special things over the last six years and this one will be right up there at the top. During our phone conference, I will ask Bruce what classes will be running on the 27th, and I suspect Ken will be discuss that this weekend at the drivers meeting and he will be posting that soon here on Speedzone...

During our phone conference, I will also discuss with Bruce the SS Shoutout. Having the SS Shootout Event on this night along with the Aaron Hudgeons Memorial for Limited Mods will be a special treat for all of the shootout competitors to be a part of as well as anyone else in attendance. Having a large attendance at Texana will not be extremely dificult to manage as they have a seasoned staff with most all of the staff having worked for the track for the last 6 years and having hosted several special large events. The use of transponders will make the event easier to manage and given both Street Stocks and Limites will be doing time trials, we will save a lot of equipment... ;)....

If you can contribute to the scholarship fund through T-shirt sponsorships and sales, I know the organizers for that will be very appreciative. They awarded three $500 scholarships to 2011 graduates and hope to do more for the 2012 graduates.

It has been said by many, but it is so true, that it would have been difficult to find a racer that was loved by so many and a friend to everyone, as Aaron was.

• 3 weeks later...
The "Aaron Hudgeons Memorial Race" Aaron Hudgeons scholarship fund will be selling sponsorships for business's and personal ads to be placed on shirts to be sold to raise money for the scholarship for 2011-2012 school year . The cost for business ad will be $50.00 this is for name and phone number to be placed on shirts, personal ad will cost $25.00 for name.Three scholarships were given this past school year to Victoria Hudgeons,Mason Palasek,Jacob Burnett. Shirts will be sold at races in Edna on August 27,2011 to raise money for scholarship. Sponsorship money can be taken to Hudgeons Body Shop and given to Kurt or Sandie, phone number (361-275-6772) or mailed to P.O.Box 1054 Cuero,Texas 77954, or contact James Boehm (361-564-7056)or Carlton Albrecht at (361-571-1246) also any students that will be graduating in 2012 the 2011-2012 school year and any college student enrolled in class can apply for scholarship send a resume to this P.O.Box next year 2012--starting in march ending on May 11,2012 to be considered for scholarship. Any one wanting to donate money can also donate to this by sending money to P.O. Box 1054 Cuero Texas 77954 We would like to thank you in advance for any and everything everyone has done the first year to get this scholarship fund started we hope this continues for many years to come also this is a good way to keep Aarons name active in the racing community and give some students money to continue their education on the behalf of Aaron and his ability to touch so many people in his short life he had here on earth with us.

If anyone knows they will purchase a shirt can call and give us a shirt size so we can be sure to have sizes available we have had lots of people asking about shirts this year thanks again...

*********** we will need to have sponsors names in by august 20 in order to get shirts printed in time for race ************

Thanks Bruce and Donna for letting us come back this year to sell shirts...

we still can take sponsorships for shirts

Archived