June 4th Race Summaries and Results

texana55

Texana Raceway Park

June 4, 2011 Results / Summary

After experiencing his first victory in the event two weeks prior, Victor Vargas decided he liked the steak and wasn’t ready to go back to the bologna. With the start of the Texana Classic Dwarfs, Frank Fruia went to the lead with Victor Vargas in hot pursuit. Joseph Snow jumped up to 2nd and then Vargas worked back up to pull off a text book pass to regain the 2nd position by coming in to turn 3 and timing the move just perfect to edge in front of Snow. Buck McFarland also got in the mix by working his way up to 3rd. All the while, Fruia maintained his lead with others working at different intervals to get to him. At the checkers, Fruia took the win to cap off a great birthday weekend.

3x Frank Fruia

24 Victor Vargas

65 Buck McFarland

01 Joseph Snow

14 Greg Sexton Sr.

15 Gary Faris

66 Douglas Wright

11 Jerry Godfrey

7 Greg Sexton Jr.

89 Geoffrey Youngblood

13 Mike Christans

Street Stocks found Brian King and Chris Shafer on the front row at the start. Shafer took the lead. Lauren Chamberlain pulled the right rear off the wheel and exited after the first lap. Later, Lucky Gilbert exited also with apparent mechanical problems. While Shafer led from start to finish, there were two excellent competitions during the race. The 21x of Jason Fox and 21 of AJ Solis ran close for all laps. Interestingly enough, the best show of all was the last two cars on the lead lap. This is not to say they were slow at all. The two black Novas of Matt Hoss and Jeff Allgayer raced side by side numerous laps providing many exciting moments.

77 Chris Shafer

31 Brian King

21 AJ Solis

21x Jason Fox

1 Jeff Allgayer

58 Matt Hoss

3 Mike Mosely

36 Lucky Gilbert

55 Lauren Chamberlain

In the Limited Modified feature, there was action all over the place. Wade Moyer led the entire race, but not without pressure throughout from Mikey Helms and Chris Mogford. At one point Helms seemed to catch Moyer dosing a bit and start to edge past Moyer. However, Moyer jumped back to lead and didn’t let that happen again. A late race caution created a mad dash to the finish with several of the up front cars tangling just before the finish line, thus opening the door to some of the back runners to advance their positions. Excitement from start to finish in this feature.

23 Wade Moyer

174 Mickey Helms

57 Jensen Pray

211 Dean Hollier

63S Chase Sanchez

11c Chirs Mogford

04 Joseph Burnett

147 GW Hessong

155 Vince Kacir

J1 Jim Heatherly

1 Trice Hermes

Justin Bloom took the early lead in the Hot Stock Trucks and had no intention of making any mistakes. Brother Jason was in 2nd with Bob Ort in 3rd. Ort slid up and bumped Jason in turn 2 opening the door for Justin “Peanut” Airhart to move forward. Later, Airhart got loose and Jason slipped back to 2nd. Justin Bloom kept the lead from start to finish cruising to a fairly easy victory.

84 Justin Bloom

49 Jason Bloom

43 Bob Ort

44 Billy Ragsdale

88 Mikey Harvell

76 Justin “Peanut” Airhart

62 Scott Symonds

Modified action saw a small group of cars, but a good race at the front. Wade Moyer took the early lead with Nick Hardcastle in 2nd. Good action by the two throughout. Near the closing laps, Hardcastle edged ahead of Moyer and took the win.

94 Nick Hardcastle

14 Wade Moyer

77 Jason Lewis

Late Models are slowly but surely growing in numbers. This week saw a new entry of Brian Machicek. Eric Neal went to the early lead with Randy Kacir in 2nd and David Kulhanek in 3rd. Later, Kulhanek experienced mechanical failure. Neal led from start to finish and Kacir maintaind his 2nd position throughout the feature as well.

97 Eric Neal

36 Randy Kacir

55 Louis Brumbelow

37 David Kulhanek

45 Brian Machicek

thanks monty, it looks like your renditions of events is only racing work is going to allow me to see..lol..... video would be cool!

thanks monty, it looks like your renditions of events is only racing work is going to allow me to see..lol..... video would be cool!

I knew something just didn't feel right or something was missing... But, rest assured i'm keeping a watchful eye on the former Lindsey piloted limited mod. I can tell you that you musta had a good talking to that limited mod before you sold it and told it to be faithful to the new drivers, cause i've seen it take a few hits and keep on a ticking this season.... ;)....

I'm keeping the summaries much shorter than the former novels everyone was accustomed to. Man, that is a lot easier... :lol:

Archived