FX (9:35pm) Drivers:360

ESPN (12:50am) Late Sportscenter

Times for Sunday:

ESX (10:15am) Nascar This Morning

FX (11:15pm) Bonus/Extra spot

Times for Monday:

FSN (5:45pm) Totally Nascar

ESPN (12:50a) Late Sportscenter

I will be out of town..my parents are celebrating their 53rd anniversary. Good luck to all at THR and i hope EVERYONE has a safe Holiday weekend.. :D

I'm in Austin right now and have seen the commercial on fx. So beaver you must have missed some part of it. The only thing about the commercial was it didn't say hobbies were racing this weekend even though they are, other than that it was good.

The commerical was on a bunch of times and every time I saw that last part with who is running and it said nothing about the hobby stocks racing it just pissed me off even more. It is almost like the hobby stock are getting treated like the pure stocks did and that was like they are the low budget cars and not worth talking about.

My .05 cents worth

P.S. One day we might have the car count like SS oh wait we did a few years ago but to many drivers went to SAS.

If the commercial did not mention the Hobby Stocks, I assure you it was unintentional and was not done to snub the Hobby Stocks. The commercial is directed toward attracting new race fans along with the radio commercials and drivers appearances. All of these programs combined have started to increase the fans in the stands each week and will continue to improve.

We would love to hear your suggestions/comments on the commercials that will be running and would appreciate the racing teams support by volunteering for our drivers appearances so we can continue to build interest in Thunder Hill. We will correct this oversite.

It takes a lot of work behind the scenes to put together the media and PR. Chuck Licata has a great plan to put Thunder Hill on the map along with the support of Brian and Jim. I hope that the racing teams show a little patience as we work out any bugs and hope that the effort is appreciated.

To all:

I just got back from PA, got a chance to help my parents celebrate their 53rd wedding anniversary. It was a quick weekend, to say the least, but I'm VERY thankful to be able to share a precious day with my still-alive and still-healthy parents..

Then I came back and read this thread. Boy, you know, it's pretty amazing..when I came back to THR this year, everyone was clamoring for changes: in the track's marketing; in the track's treatment of drivers and the drivers' non-existent points fund; in getting some actual paid advertising for the track; and getting the track some publicity, among other things.

So, between Jim, Brian, myself, Nick, Greg Gurley, Jon Sagester, TQ Jones, Kathy, Christy Ganem and countless others (thank you all), we have: improved the track's physical facilities in many areas; improved the track's concessions and food by 200 percent; started doing Drivers Appearances and handing out countless numbers of flyers and coupons for the race track; brought in and sold some very good THR merchandise, wherein the Drivers Points Fund receives part of the proceeds; advertised on 3 different Austin radio stations (we're going to join the JB & Sandy Show for the next 2 months, which includes a remote in August); totally re-vamped the THR web site, which is now one of the best race-track web sites around; started a 2-month TV campaign; gotten PLENTY of newspaper and other media coverage; and on and on..

My point is this--==despite all efforts from everyone, including a ton of money from Brian and Jim, some folks STILL find SOMETHING to complain about, even if that includes something that's part of the good things going on...

Instead of asking those people responsible for such things (did anyone ask ME about the TV ad, or did you not realize that was my voice on the spot?), people (including those who race and go to THR) just complain and post instead of asking about any discrepancies..

You know what, folks? Maybe it's time that YOU change YOUR mind-set about things going on at THR..I realize you may not have been pleased with things in the past, but now is the time that we're going all-out and improving things (and trying to improve things) at THR.

So, if you have a problem with something..why not say, "Hey, they're trying really hard to change things out there..maybe I'll call Chuck (or Nick or someone else responsible) instead of making a big stink about things--yah, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because they're showing this year they're making an all-out effort to improve things."

Granted, we still have things we can improve, and we always will...but how about showing some kind of appreciation for the effort that's being made?

The commerical was on a bunch of times and every time I saw that last part with who is running and it said nothing about the hobby stocks racing it just pissed me off even more. It is almost like the hobby stock are getting treated like the pure stocks did and that was like they are the low budget cars and not worth talking about.

Hobby74,

You couldn't be further off-base.

When producing the TV commercial, we put in a "donut" in the TV ads. Basically, it's a 7-second "hole" that we can change week-by-week so we can promote the upcoming Sat. night schedule of racing at THR..

Now, if you've ever done TV or radio, then you know 7 seconds is NOT a lot of time to say EVERYTHING you want to say. Thus, for the July 3rd race, I had to cut SOMETHING out...so, I made a decision to cut out the Hobby races so I could get in the fact we were going to have a Live Fireworks show.

Because of that..there are a couple weeks coming up on the TV ad where I didn't promote another class of cars so I COULD promote the Hobby Stocks class. I did the best I could to balance everything out over the 2-month run of the TV spot. So, as you can see...the reason Hobby wasn't mentioned in the TV ad had nothing to do with your perceived "bias."

Next time, go to the source of the problem before you mouth off to everyone. And...if you DON'T KNOW that I try to be as fair as I can with ALL classes and drivers at THR, then you just don't know me very well, do you?

Here is some basic info on the THR TV ad and where you may/may not see it on Time Warner cable..

The base of the coverage area is Austin..Travis and Williamson County, mostly..communities such as Del Valle, Manchaca, Oak Hill, Lakeway, Dripping Springs, Cedar Valley, Buda, Kyle, Cedar Park, Lago Vista, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Hutto, Taylor, among others..

The coverage map also shows communities such as Bastrop, McDade, Elgin and Spicewood---those are the communities on the "outer edge" of the coverage...

Hope that helps..And yes, I'm done posting in this thread..

Chuck chuck chuck,

Dont get your panties in a bunch. You were not there Saturday night and I had a few people say something about my post on here and I said I just wanted to give you a hard time. I did not mean for you to start bleeding or anything like that so I am so sorry and I hope you still love me because I still love you.

Jay

P.S. Yes I have done both commercial and T.V. so I know exactly what you are talking about and the speed of the clips on the commercial are both evident on the time constraint.

Chuck,

My point is this--==despite all efforts from everyone, including a ton of money from Brian and Jim, some folks STILL find SOMETHING to complain about, even if that includes something that's part of the good things going on...

Don't let the complainers get ya down, dude! You're doing a fine job for the track and it's starting to show. Week by week the grandstands are showing more and more happy faces.

Nick Holt

I have always been a advocate of "there are two sides to every story" and of "getting all the facts from the source first". In an attempt to defend the comments against the THR commercial, that the Hobby Stock omission was "unintentional", I too, fell victim to my own ideals. It just goes to show you, it not worth stirring up a bunch of unfounded gossip and opinions without getting all the facts first. I too, should have waited for Chuck's explanation before second guessing the reason for the omission.

Chuck, keep up the good work your doing. Everyone is glad to have you back at THR and appreciates all the hard work you've put into the PR and Media promotions for the track. The work you are doing is making progress at the track and I've had a blast helping you out with some of the PR this year.

Were looking forward to having you back next week. Even though Shawn did a good job Saturday night, it just wasn't the same without you. Thanks for the explanation on the TV spots.

I still say, along with others, we have the best drivers and put on the best racing show anywhere in Texas!

I wish people like hobby74 would do something besides bitch and complain...THR is a business...they don't owe you anything and they don't have to let you race there...without them we wouldn't have anywhere to race...if you haven't noticed its a tough business to be in right now...just look at the announcements for all the tracks closing...

THR is making serious efforts...I am not saying they don't make mistakes, everything is perfect, or there is not a whole lot more work to do...why don't you work with them instead of working against them...Brian and Chuck always listen to suggestions (good & bad)...why do you have to go on here and bash them? If you have suggestions to make things better and to bring out more fans, send them an e-mail, call them, or go see them. Here's an idea, offer to help.

We (racers) may not own the track, but it is our track and we are partners in the future of the track. The more we do to help, the better things will be for us. If you want the track to be more successful, with more fans, higher car counts, more employees, better payouts, and more sponsorship opportunites for all of us, get off the internet and off your butt and do something positive.

If I was the track owner I would drive over to your house and kick your butt!!!

It sounds like THR is doing a kick butt job of gettin the word out and improving things.

Just makes you wonder what is the matter with San Antonio speedway.

Haven't seen much from them in the way of improving things. Hope they have a bunch of

stuff "in the oven, just ain't ready yet"

Way to go THR

I wish people like hobby74 would do something besides bitch and complain...THR is a business...they don't owe you anything and they don't have to let you race there...without them we wouldn't have anywhere to race...if you haven't noticed its a tough business to be in right now...just look at the announcements for all the tracks closing...

THR is making serious efforts...I am not saying they don't make mistakes, everything is perfect, or there is not a whole lot more work to do...why don't you work with them instead of working against them...Brian and Chuck always listen to suggestions (good & bad)...why do you have to go on here and bash them? If you have suggestions to make things better and to bring out more fans, send them an e-mail, call them, or go see them. Here's an idea, offer to help.

We (racers) may not own the track, but it is our track and we are partners in the future of the track. The more we do to help, the better things will be for us. If you want the track to be more successful, with more fans, higher car counts, more employees, better payouts, and more sponsorship opportunites for all of us, get off the internet and off your butt and do something positive.

If I was the track owner I would drive over to your house and kick your butt!!!

I wish people like hobby74 would do something besides bitch and complain...

Please talk to chuck before you come and kick my butt this was a joke and people like you blew it out of the water so lose it and dont threaten me it does not work.

It was funny when typed to myself and chuck and myself talked about it last night.

If anybody wants to kick my butt I am at the track every Sat. night just step on over and join in on the line I guess. (this is a joke so dont even start on it to.) is that better is that what was needed at the first post?

What's the matter Jay? You're just not getting any love this week and now nobody gets your jokes. By the way, where is this line going to be to kick your butt? Do you have to buy a ticket or just get in line and wait your turn? :D Now that's funny right there.

See you next week and try to behave yourself.

Archived