tsrs

racer37

The word cheating is awfully strong and implies deliberate intent to break a rule for the purpose of gaining a competitive advantage. A ride height infraction that his crew worked diligently albeit unsuccessfully to resolve hardly meets that definition. jp

sounds like you just dont like the #1 cars driver. At least he didnt sit there and piss and moan like a baby and he took it all in stride without yelling at the officials, thats why he was a good sport. In my opinion the ride heights should be checked before the race anyways because they could always change during the race.

I agree. Every series I have run they didnt check ride heights after the race. The springs are hot, fuel is burned and tire pressures are diffrent then what you went through tech with. Anyone who knows Ronnie knows he is a good sportman and a heck of a driver. -Colt

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but lets get a few things straight. First, no one benefited more from that disqualification than me. I would not be sharing the series points lead were it not for Ronny's dq. Second, ride heights/crank height are checked frequently and there is no chance that Ronny thought he might slide through. The simple fact is that there was something wrong with the car and it kept losing ride height throughout the day. Weld a 30 year old frame clip to the front of a car and it happens from time to time and I can assure you it is not an advantage but something you try to fix. Ronny is a first rate competitor and I would much rather have the opportunity to attempt a pass on the track than in the pits. Ronny handled the disapointment of having a chassis problem penalize him both on and off the track with class and deserved the award. JP

Archived