Tracy Tschoerner to get air time?

ChuckLicata

I talked with Jen Ohlsen of KXAN-TV this morning. She says the feature piece on Tracy Tschoerner is (and we've heard this before, haven't we?) scheduled to run THIS Sunday on their Sunday sports show...

Jen herself won't be in town but she promised to call myself and/or TQ Jones if something changes in the schedule...but as of now, Tracy's story will run on Sunday..

Stay tuned..

p.s.--The THR TV commercial is scheduled to run during a late ESPN Sportscenter (12:50 a.m. on Thursday morning)...then tomorrow (Thursday) at 2:45 p.m. (ESPN2-Inside Drag Racing), then Friday morning (12:25 a.m.) during another ESPN Sportscenter. Heather Watts of W-Media, Inc. told me she believes the spot will then run 3 times this Friday afternoon. I will update as soon as I get the "run" times for Friday.

Come on, supertx, you know better than that. We had seven features on four different TV stations last fall, one just talking about Thunder Hill Raceway and talking to Brian Callaway, Terry Tschoerner and David Snokhous.

Besides, if TV time had to be earned, 90-plus percent of the people who are on TV now wouldn't be.

In Tracy's case, she's a 17-year-old driver who has three heat race wins plus a feature win this season and is third in points in the Capitol City Trade & Technical School Hobby Stock class at Thunder Hill. She's also an honor student at Taylor High School who has already been accepted at both UT and Texas A&M. She'll graduate early and will start at UT this fall.

As for what she has done to rate TV time, probably not any more than some other drivers. The difference is, the media know about her.

Jen Ohlson called me last night to tell me the piece on Tracy was "99 percent" sure to run this weekend; and, if not, would definitely run next weekend.

As usual, we are at the mercy of the stick and ball sports, which are constantly pitching (sorry about that) ideas and information to the media folks. (Chase, multiply your efforts by ten, and you'll be off to a good start.)

What a shame that after waiting so long to see this piece, that KXAN 99% decides to run it when most everyone in America will be sitting in a long line of cars inhaling exhaust trying to get home after watching their respective firework displays at wherever they happen to be celebrating our Nation's Independence.

At least with this kind of advance notice courtesy of Chuck, TQ, and through the miracles of TSZ, we know enough in advance to set the VCR's for KXAN.

Congrats. to Tracy for finally getting the piece aired.

oh yeah, Happy 4th of July, everyone.

Okay, the latest word from KXAN is that the piece on Tracy will run tonight between 10:30 and 11:00. They even have updated info on last night's race. Sounds pretty sure to me, so give KXAN 36 (Channel 4 on Time Warner Cable) a look; she's supposed to be on a late segment, right after the NASCAR report.

SET YOUR VCR's!!!

Tracy's feature is going to be on tonight! Yahoo! :D:D

I just saw Tracy's SPot on Kxan it was pretty good. I wish Kxan would run an advertisement for THR to get more spectators in the stands there was a pretty good turnout this weekend.

---Chris

73 Street Stock Crew Member

Archived