Memorial Day Races

Cleaner

Here is an idea. STS might consider letting I 37 street stocks, edna streetstocks and golaid streetstocks run with a 100 pound penalty with purestocks just to help car count. Most drivers cannot afford to travel but you might get a few. there are some major differences in rules but in the past they are fairly close. I think with the weight penalty it might help. I have no authority at any track, just an idea.

It can always be adjusted or thrown out alltogether. jmo

Bobby Jack

From South Texas Speedway web site:

4th Annual Steve Tomlinson Memorial – Salute to the Troops

4th Annual Steve Tomlinson Memorial – Salute to the Troops headlines a huge weekend of racing at South Texas Speedway

Memorial Day Weekend at South Texas Speedway always proves to be an exciting race weekend and a time to remember. The weekend will start with an open Test and Tune session on Friday May 27th that will only be $10 per person. On Saturday there will be a full night of racing action including Limited Modifieds, Pure Stocks, Bombers, and 5 classes of go-karts. The Limited Modified purse is guaranteed and will have an additional $200 in the top 4 finishing positions making it $500 to win, $350 for second, $250 for third, and 200 for fourth thanks to Red Bailey’s Lounge putting in some sponsor money. Sunday will be the 4th Annual Steve Tomlinson Memorial event plus the annual salute to the troops. This event is really a sight to see, we honor our fallen racer and friend Steve Tomlinson plus we have an outstanding opening ceremony with hundreds of American flags. All active and retired military will get into the front gate Free on Sunday. The Limiteds will once again be racing for a guaranteed purse that has been bumped to $1000 to win, 2nd - $600, 3rd - $450, 4th – $300, 5th - $200 and a good payout the remainder of the positions thanks to ARC Demo and Troy Cotrell. There will be no entry fees either night and again the purse is guaranteed no matter how many cars show up for the Limited Modifieds. STS would also like to extend an invitation to the I-37 Street Stocks to come race with our Pure Stocks we will require a 100lb weight penalty and the Edna Street Stocks will be invited with a 150lb weight penalty, all other rules for those tracks will apply. There will be no additional registration or entry fees, the drivers cost at STS is $40 the Crew pit pass is $25 and go-karts are only $10. Both nights the draw will end at 6:30 and the racing action will start around 7:30. If you have any questions please feel free to give Owen a call at 361-548-0669.

Archived