Clarification on Recent Rule Change

texana55

Clarification on the recent rule change. My wife maintains the TRP website under contract and I verbally provided what I understood to be relayet to me on the rule change for street stocks concerning the rockers. It is Roller Tip OEM style rockers. Not full rollers. We will make this important correction on the TRP rules area of the TRP site.

Thanks Monty for the help!

I wanted to clarify about the new Street Stock rocker arm rule. It was brought to our attention from several racers, car owners, and/or race mechanics that they were having a problem with rocker arm failure on their motors. I was approached about this late last season and we discussed it as a track if we would change the rule or not. We did not finalize our decision on this issue. But last week it was decided that this rule would be put back into effect. Once again the individuals had asked on our first night if we had made a decision, we had not, so, We put it back into effect now.

I say, "back" into effect, because we allowed these in the then "pure stock" class several seasons ago. We have simply just brought them back.

These must only be a stock (OEM) replacement style stamped roller "tip" rocker. It is still a stamped steel rocker but with a roller tip riding on top of the valve stem. THIS STYLE ONLY!!! Must be stamped by the manufacturer 1.5 on the rocker. NO 1.60's!!

There is no need to buy them to compete, no need to spend extra money.

There is no HP issue, or performance issue, just longevity of the valve train. Street stock motors are being turned harder and faster than we used to, several years back.

So, thank you in advance for your understanding and we will see you next race day.

Archived