Hellmund and Suzuki Motorcycles

Release: April 8, 2003

Hellmund and Suzuki Motorcycles and ATVs Team Set for NASCAR Winston West at the Bullring

Las Vegas, Nevada -- Always a threat to win in any series, Austin's C. T. Hellmund almost has an advantage as the Suzuki Motorcycles and ATVs/Pontiac Grand Prix team heads to "The Bullring at Las Vegas" for this weekend's NASCAR Grand National Division Winston West Series race: he's actually raced at Las Vegas once before. In his three Winston West starts, he's always been at a track new to him.

“Yeah, we've been to the Bullring before. But I put us in a hole last year with a mistake in qualifying that put us 19th on the grid. Though we still had a good result, with a third place finish, it’s a bit of unfinished business for us.

“We’ve been able to win or be in contention every race we’ve run the past few years in a bunch of different series. I hope that won’t change in Vegas. At Phoenix we had our usual all-volunteer crew and an aerodynamic fossil of a car, but Dave Riggs and the guys did an awesome job. We got the season off to a decent start by finishing seventh, even though that's our worst finish in Winston West."

In their defense, the decision to race at Phoenix race was made at the last minute. The car had been locked up for seven months when the team pulled it out to get it ready for Phoenix.

"This time I had time for a shakedown run . We don't have a 105"-wheelbase car, but we're feeling good about our old 1999 Suzuki Motorcycles and ATVs Pontiac Grand Prix."

###

T. Q. Jones P. O. Box 91346 Austin, TX 78709-1346

PH: (512) 266-4814 FAX: (512) 266-4833 Email: tqj@mindspring.com

Archived