POTENTIAL CLASS MERGE?

I agree...if it keeps people coming and participating, combine them. I do feel however that we should find a way to get the trucks up to speed with the purestock cars, not slow the cars down with additional weight, etc. Im in the process of finding another car to run in the purestock class, and have talked to other purestock drivers that would like to also run at I-37 when there is not a race at home. If we can keep the cars as close as we can to allow us to go run at other tracks with minimal change and get the trucks where they are competitive with our current purestock rules, I think its a win win situation. I thought there would be alot more pures showing up this year.I keep hearing of 5-6 being built that should show up any time.

Can the purestocks from I37 run in your purestock class ?

Absolutly!!!! Our rules in purestocks were writen to include I37,STS, and Houston. SOS welcomes any car from these track to come and enjoy a night of fun racing at our facility.

Thanks

Jim

might want to check carb rules sos has 350 carb so when trucks and cars run together it was to make it more even i think other tracks run 500 cfm

Whats wrong with letting the purestocks run a 500cfm and the trucks run a 4412??? The 350's seem hard to find and changing our purestock rules to allow a 500 would invite more cars form I-37, and others to come run without changing things up.

i agree

Whats wrong with letting the purestocks run a 500cfm and the trucks run at least 4412??? The 350's seem hard to find and changing our purestock rules to allow a 500 would invite more cars form I-37, and others to come run without changing things up.

Thats why I asked before I drove all the way over to SOS. It would really benefit the tracks more to try to keep the rules similar ,even though the track owners usually disagree with that philosophy. It would really help to keep all the carbs the same. That can be a big expense for some race teams and a hassle to keep changing out.

Maybe some weight could be added if a car was thought to have more of an advantage over other cars ? I know I would go to more tracks if the rules were the same at each track.

Thanks,

Freddy

Can the purestocks from I37 run in your purestock class ?

Absolutly!!!! Our rules in purestocks were writen to include I37,STS, and Houston. SOS welcomes any car from these track to come and enjoy a night of fun racing at our facility.

Thanks

Jim

Is there an age limit? My son is 13 and races purestock at I-37. Might let him run there on off weekends if possible.

Is there an age limit? My son is 13 and races purestock at I-37. Might let him run there on off weekends if possible.

GENERAL RULES:

Pure stocks are designed to be an entry level class. Age requirement is 14 years of age and up. Ages 14 -17 must have a notarized release form signed by their legal guardian/parent and birth certificate on file.

Ok some may not understand but the 13 year old can drive. He is a clean racer and i say if his parents are willing to make the drive from Papalote to bring another purestock in to help the class i say let him run. But that's jmo. Either let the class grow or not. Your choice.

Archived