Thx Texana Crew

texana55

Thank you Texana for providing us with a place to race and a nice opening night. Nice car counts in several classes, and super good count in Limiteds, and was good to see a decent count in Mods. Several of the features were entertaining, but I personally would have to give my pick of the night to Mr. Steve Miller in his #8 mod. I never realized some 23 years ago when I bought the worlds best burgers from Steve in Pflugerville, that our paths would cross again as a result of dirt track racing. I've seen Steve run several times in the last couple of years, but for me that may have been his best performance I've seen. Several very good performances, but he gets my vote for best of the night after analysis of all of the features...

The drivers had to focus and drive two different styles for two different tracks at hand. One way for 1&2 and another way for 3&4. For us, we ended our night on a positive note after a bumpy start. The young driver learned that sometimes slower is faster in the turns. It was sure good to see several friends after a few months away. Looking forward to seeing everyone in two weeks.

Great report, Monty! Can't wait to get down there to do some live updates!

Nick

Man, i think Ken would really like that if you can make it down here. Folks on the web love those updates too. If last night was a sampling of the season, it will be one of the best in the last several years. I was wondering with fuel prices and so forth, but it was pretty darn good and a few cars are still being finished up and i heard they will be out next event. Texana is one of the few tracks running mods on a regular basis, so it will be a chance to see some of those shoes on a regular basis. I wish Texana a very successful 2011 season. For us, i think our year will be quite a bit more fun than last year. Lauren learned a tremendous amount last night about throttle control and proper braking. I was very please with her in the feature, and the learning will be never ending. Again, thank you to GW Hessong and Paul White for their insight and encouraging words after the heats.

Archived