meyer speedway

norman

Norman, I just posted a few photos late last week of the Limited Sportsman (Hobby) Cars and will post more later this coming week for you, but no, the

name Bill Mullins doesn't sound familiar to me - perhaps he was there after I left, about mid-'73...

thanks for the reply tommyo it may have been in 1973 or 74 but bill race a 1963 ford fairlane number 8 i realy like this fourm it brings back the good old days at meyers

bill mullins built a 63 fairlane in 73 it had a 56 ford frame with a 312 motor he built the car in his shop on the northside of houston i worked on it in 73 at meyers he ran 2 about 4 times in the feature with it

Bill Mullins drove the Koehn-Day '56 Ford Bronco Stock Car #8 in, I believe, '67 & '68. That car may have been upgraded to a Limited Sportsman. I don't think it was out of Hobby Airport though. :blink:

OK norman, I wasn't around Meyer in '67 &'68, but there are several pictures of bill and that car posted in various places in this forum - I've seen them and wondered who they

were myself, but you have now explained a lot. I don't remember Bill Mullins after I returned to Meyer in late '69 or thru mid '73 when I left there completely, so he must have

been there in the Fairlane after that time. By the way, the Limited Sportsman cars were known as the Hobby cars while they were at Meyer. Also, I only attended the

Super Modified races in 1973, so Bill certainly could have been then that year also.

Archived