I-37 Raceway "Newsome Motor Park at I-37 Raceway"

Manning Safety Services and I-37 Raceway Announce Name Change

Pleasanton – Joanna Newsome-Gonzales of Manning Safety Services and I-37 Raceway Track Director Jim Knudtson announced today an agreement for the quarter-mile dirt track south of Pleasanton to be renamed "Newsome Motor Park at I-37 Raceway." The multi-year deal includes sponsorship of the track wrecker, banners to be placed at the track, and at least one Manning "Night at the Races" each season.

Manning has been a sponsor at the track since the first season under the current ownership except for last year, and Ms. Newsome-Gonzales says they are anxious to return.

"We were just too busy to deal with it last year, and we missed our connection with I-37 Raceway and with Joe and Jackie Gonzales and the Knudtson family. With the Eagle Ford Shale Play bringing a lot of new people into the area, we think Newsome Motor Park will see a huge jump in popularity."

"We couldn't be happier with Manning coming back, and in such a big way," Jim Knudtson said in making the announcement. "We've missed not just the company involvement, but our contact with all the people who have built and continue to make Manning successful. The name change is effective immediately and will be reflected in all of our promotions and press releases beginning this week."

Newsome Motor Park has made some significant changes over the past four seasons under the current ownership and management, and in 2011 moved the starting time on Saturday night to 7:00 pm instead of 7:30 pm. The track has also gone to radio communication with the drivers this season. Both changes will help get fans and drivers home earlier on Saturday night so the kids can go to the races, too.

-30-

T. Q. Jones, Media Director, P. O. Box 341706, Austin, TX 78734

PH: (512) 261-5236 Email: tqjones13@earthlink.net

Archived