Chaffee Racing Announces 2011 Plans

Chaffee Racing Announces 2011 Plans

New Braunfels, Texas (March 5, 2011) – Chaffee Racing announces a number of changes for the 2011 season. After winning rookie-of-the-year in the Mini-Stock division at Thunderhill Raceway (THR), team owner and driver, Bobby Chaffee will not return to full-time driving duties in the team’s HIGH 5 entry. With this major change the team has designed an innovative approach to the 2011 racing season. The approach will be a track support initiative centered on a driver alliance program with Tim Fiedler of Austin. Despite Chaffee’s absence, this program provides an avenue to continue the team’s commitments to the track, marketing partners, sponsors, and fans.

Chaffee released the following statement in regards to the new program.

"I have not missed a race at THR in nearly five years. I have many obligations in my life away from the track that must be met. I am graduating from college in May and not only plan to start a new career but want to invest in new business ventures. This is a very important season at THR in terms of exposure with the new NASCAR sanction. Despite the fact that I cannot be there on a full-time basis, my team will still be able to support the track with this new driver alliance program. Tim will do an excellent job representing our marketing partners, sponsors and fans. I’m also looking forward to spending time with my family at my sister’s wedding this summer. Racing has always been a major part of my life. This program allows me to stay involved in the sport I love without being directly involved on a full-time basis."

Tim Fiedler joins the program after finishing eighth in the final 2010 THR Mini-Stock point standings despite only attending 6 out of 13 races. Fiedler’s brother, Charles Buxton, moved up the racing ladder up to the Late Model division at THR with the family owned White Knuckle Racing team. The team also competed in the Texas Super Racing Series (TSRS) and raced in various markets and tracks around the state before Buxton’s retirement from the sport to focus on his family. Fiedler was a member of LaFont Racing’s back-to-back (2009 & 2010) THR Super Stock championship team that included an ASA member track West division title in 2009.

“Bobby has done an incredible job with the HIGH 5 branding so the car is always one of the fan favorites at the track,” stated Fiedler. “The car is fast and has run up front every track it has competed at. I look forward to this new driver alliance program and track support initiative that the team has come up with. This is going to be a good year for all involved.”

The team will remain an affiliate of TBS Racing and continue to receive both technical and pit support. The exact dates and number of races for each driver are still to be determined.

Archived