I-37 Raceway Kicks Off Fourth Exciting Season

Release: February 28, 2011

I-37 Raceway Kicks Off Fourth Exciting Season with More Cars, More Action and An Earlier "Family Friendly" Starting Time

Pleasanton – I-37 Raceway here kicks off the 2011 season Saturday, March 12, with an earlier start time to get both drivers and fans home a little earlier on race nights, plus changes to everything including the race program (better) and the concession stand (bigger and better). The first change everyone will see is the new and larger booth for the announcers and scorers atop the grandstand at the start-finish line. The concession stand is about five feet longer this season and the women's rest rooms have been enlarged as well.

Starting time this season will be 7:00 pm, half an hour earlier than last year, when the track also switched to racing on Saturday nights instead of Fridays. The action will again be on Saturday nights in 2011. I-37 also starts the season with more cars registered, up about 60 cars over the number at the end of last season, and once again the track had an increase in participants at the last race of the season, the Thousand Buck Shootout last October.

That is an indication of continued growth in the car count at I-37, with several new drivers coming out this season and a few who hadn't raced in the last three years coming back as the word spreads about the show at I-37.

(My memory is slipping and I just got my hand justly slapped. Brandy won both

of the one-two finish Pure Stock races and Janel was runner-up to Marc Roy for the title.) Sorry about that.

Last season, I-37 Raceway tried something new, inviting the Vintage Dirt Track Racing Association (VDTRA) out to try the track. The catch is that the VDTRA races motorcycles, and they will be at I-37 for the first time this season on April 23, 2011.

More cars, more space, more food, shorter lines, getting home earlier and even more excitement will be the order of the day at I-37 Raceway in 2011. The action starts Saturday night, March 12, at 7:00 pm with the spectator gates opening at 5:00 pm.

T. Q. Jones, Media Director, P. O. Box 341706, Austin, TX 78734

PH: (512) 261-5236 Email: tqjones13@earthlink. net

Archived