anyone still hand paint numbers?

dancer52

I am feeling a little nostalgic....anyone know someone in the Austin area who would still paint numbers...not really a fan of todays wraps....just looking to go retro.....anyone?

thought that's something that you do yourself.... least i do. but you may want to try just about any local home painter, they should have a steady enough hand to do numbers. just tell them to use rustolium or a similar oil base paint

I have always done my own numbers, but not by hand I used implement spray paint or motor paint. I just taped every thing off and went at it. Usually took a few hours.

When my dad was racing he had Pat Johnson paint all of his cars. I used to love watching her paint. She would shadow the numbers and letters. Gosh that was 25 years ago.

I know you said Austin. There is a guy here in SA named Jesse. Maybe Frank Torres will see this and know who Im talking about. Jesse did tons of cars from Alamo and SAS. He has done some from SAR. He letters and numbers. Tommy Freeman may know him as well....

We got best appearing three years in a row with hand airbrushed numbers and flames - and a metal (oem except doors and decks) body! The hard part is maintaining them. If you are gonna pay to have someone do it - it may be better to wrap. But a volunteer with a steady hand and a nice airbrush goes a long way...

hey aj a guy in smithville used to do it i have no clue if he is even around anymore though but his name was greg jones from jones signs or something like that he was in the smithville phone book if he doesnt do it he may be able to turn you onto someone who will

Archived