NASCAR issues very minor penalty for Mikey's rear spoiler

NickHolt

No. 15 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Team Penalized For Rule Violations At Daytona International Speedway

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Feb. 23, 2011) – NASCAR has issued penalties and fines to the No. 15 team that competes in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, as a result of rule infractions found during post-race inspection Feb. 18 at Daytona International Speedway.

The No. 15 truck driven by Michael Waltrip was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-J (any determination by NASCAR Officials that the race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20B-3.1.2E (rear spoiler did not meet specifications in post-race inspection) of the 2011 NASCAR Rule Book.

As a result, crew chief Doug Howe has been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31. Owner Billy Ballew has been penalized with the loss of 25 championship owner points.

It wasn't a big deal...those spoilers fall down all the time! ;)

I'll have you know that Rick Rapp's spoiler did not fall down. It just kinda laid back a bit until the brakes were applied when it would lever back to the full upright position. Kinda like a parachute on a drag car. Worked pretty darn good at at the end of the front straight at the TWS road course as I recall.

It wasn't cheating, by the way. Rick always made sure every TIDA rule was meticulously followed.

Hey, he had to make up about 100 HP, right?

Nick

It wasn't a big deal...those spoilers fall down all the time! ;)

I'll have you know that Rick Rapp's spoiler did not fall down. It just kinda laid back a bit until the brakes were applied when it would lever back to the full upright position. Kinda like a parachute on a drag car. Worked pretty darn good at at the end of the front straight at the TWS road course as I recall.

It wasn't cheating, by the way. Rick always made sure every TIDA rule was meticulously followed.

Hey, he had to make up about 100 HP, right?

Nick

Edited by wheelchair49