James Buescher Phoenix NASCAR Truck preview

James Buescher Phoenix NASCAR Truck preview

No. 31 Wolfpack Rentals Chevrolet News and Notes

* This Week’s Silverado… The No. 31 Wolfpack Rentals Chevrolet Silverado team will bring chassis TMS-017 to Phoenix International Raceway for Friday night’s 150-lap shootout. TMS-017 last saw racing action at Phoenix in November, when James Buescher crossed the finish line in the 11th position.

* Welcome Aboard… Turner Motorsports is pleased to announce that Wolfpack Rentals has returned to the No. 31 Chevrolet for select races throughout the 2011 season. They will adorn the hood and quarter panels of the No. 31 Chevrolet driven by James Buescher this Friday night at the one-mile Phoenix International Raceway.

* A Look At Last Week… James Buescher and the No. 31 Exide Batteries team had a dominating performance in last Friday’s season-opening event at Daytona International Speedway. The 20-year-old Texas-native led a race-high 55laps in route to a ninth-place finish. Buescher sits third in the championship point standings, only five markers behind leader Clay Rogers.

* Follow Me… Visit www.twitter.com/jamesbuescher or www.facebook.com/jamesbuescher for the latest news and updates on James Buescher and the No. 31 Turner Motorsports team.

* Watch and Listen… Lucas Oil 150 will be broadcast live on Friday, February 25th on SPEED. Race coverage will begin at 7:30 p.m. EST. The event can also be heard live on MRN Radio as well as Sirius Satellite Radio, channel 128. Check local listings for start times.

James Buescher on driving at Phoenix International Raceway

“I really love going out to Phoenix [international Raceway]. It is a great place to race. You carry a lot of speed into the corners, but you can race two-wide. Turns one and two are very different from three and four, so as a driver, you have to be able to adapt to what your truck is doing at both ends of the track. As a racecar driver, you want to be able to race for the win and I think Phoenix is one of those tracks.

“We really got a solid start last week in Daytona. We led over half the race and were in a position at the end to try and battle for the win. We came up just a little short of getting to victory lane but had the dominant truck all night long. My Turner Motorsports team has really worked hard over the winter to make improvements to every aspect of our race team. [Crew chief] Michael Shelton has a great group of guys working on this No. 31 Wolfpack Rentals Chevrolet. They all are committed to this team and what were are trying to accomplish as a group. We have a long way to go, but I am confident that we will continue to run up front and battle for race wins.”

Archived