Shawn Paul Lehman at THR practice

NickHolt

It was great to see Shawn Paul get in his street stock and put in some pretty quick practice laps. He says he's been cleared to practice, but not to race yet. Maybe in a week or two.

Nick Holt

Shawn Paul,

Great to hear you're back on the track. If you haven't already taken care of it...please, please, go to the extremes with your fire protection system/gear. Since we most often do not have a fire truck at the tracks when we race, you should get one of those automatic fire bottles for the fuel cell. If you need more info on them or have trouble with funds, let us know before you race again. We'll fix you up.

It won't be much longer, before I'll be back too.

Take care,

Teresa

Teresa,

Excellent advice. Fire is every racer's worst nightmare -- especially, like Shawn Paul, if you are missing your spleen. Even if a fire truck were stationed in every corner at every track, a top-quality fire surpression system is the way to go.

I recall (although I try to forget this one) a horrific crash involving several TIDA Late Models on the front straight at SAS where they all sat in a burning heap for what seemed like several minutes. Several of my friends were sitting in those burning cars and at least two of them, including Mike Meeks, suffered severe burns. After that I made sure any car I was involved with had the latest fire surpression system on board.

Nick Holt

CRAZYHORSE, THIS ADVICE COMES FROM DR. WADDELL, WELL RESPECTED BRAIN SURGEON AND SHAMAN FROM THE DARKEST CORNERS OF AFRICA, IT,S OK TO DO THE STREET STOCK THING, BUT I HAVE WAY TO HARD A TIME GETTING AROUND YOU IN THE LATE MODEL, AND MOST OF THE TIME I CAIN,T. SO I,M PRESCRIBING SS ONLY UNTIL I CAN FURTHER EVALUATE YOUR CONDITION, LAST TIME I SAW YOU YOU HAD WAY TO MUSH SPARKLE IN YOUR EYES. GO ON AND GIVE THE SS BOYS ALL THE TROUBLE YOU CAN, AND COME BACK TO SEE ME IN A COUPLE OF YEARS,,,, DR WADDELL

thanx guys for all your encouragements and support yall have given me in the past few months...i never had so much fun just praticing a car before...thanx t.n.t (gurals)...i've got fire suppression systems in the l.m.& the truck but not in the s.s...i'm will probably steal the one out of the l.m. for now...but i appreciate your offer..

thanx again for everything- shawn paul

What a great night that would be at THR..

Having both Shawn Paul and Teresa (the first lady of racing in Central Texas; where have I heard THAT before? :D ) back out on the race track!

Archived