Muncie

DirtRacer9s

Asked around and yes there are folks that race em. They are significantly lighter than the m22 or t series. However keep in mind they were original with the 250 6 cyl. Stock may not be heavy duty enough so you may want to rebuild using all high perf parts - this would tip the cost factor towards a saggie...

The most desireable are spottable by the fact that the shift arm attaches to the shaft with a thru bolt (like a saginaw) as opposed to clamping on to the shaft. This is a 10 spline in 27 out - the input shaft has a major weak point where it narrows right behind the splines -0 definately want to mag the shaft! The down side is that parts are getting real hard to find for them.

Well mine is a 10 in and 16 out with the clamp on shafts. But it doesnt have the week spot in the input shaft it is splined all the way back and then solid. I have seen a picture of the one you are talking about. Anybody no where to find a 16 spline yoke for cheap.

Well mine is a 10 in and 16 out with the clamp on shafts. But it doesnt have the week spot in the input shaft it is splined all the way back and then solid. I have seen a picture of the one you are talking about. Anybody no where to find a 16 spline yoke for cheap.

Thats a 55 2nd to 68 truck 6cyl - should be stronger gear and shaft wise but good luck finding (low cost) parts! Was told it is a good idea to pin the shift arm to the shaft to keep it from jumping out of gear if it finds any looseness there. (clamp the arm in where its supposed to be and drill longitudinally into both the arm and shaft - insert a pin into hole - like a keyway on a harmonic balancer)

Archived