thunder tire rule

cRt racing

quit crying about tires and race or dont race the big thing is go out and give it your best and improve when you can and have fun while you still can it took me almost thirty years to get into racing and i have enjoyed the little ups and downs i had a good run my second year and a rough one the third and a fair fourth season so lets put some cars out there and race and have fun and put on a good show to bring in the crowd see you guys on the track. :lol:

well kevin .... im just wanting something even just like nascar you want everything on a even playing field 215 dot tires leaves a lot out there you need people that will build cars in this class dan said if this class dont have how many cars he would park them till it built up now with the valley closing you should pull some of there cars here . but how many new thunders are being built do you have a thunder anymore or did you sell them all

The rule changes brought on over the last few years got Thunders where they are today.None of the arguments would have happened.These stupid " fairness " rules confused the defination of the cars and eliminated any drawing point for new ones.

Cody you are correct and I agree on the tire deal.No matter what kind of special tire I find you will buy the same or better while everyone else complains,I did the same thing with Neon Will,I wasnt too shy to go look at what he was running.He seemrd to be a step ahead of the rest of us.Theres no question that tires are the most important item on a car,more so than an engine.The original intent of street tires on a class with no engine restrictions was to end up with a car that cannot use all the horsepower under the hood.Just like the original modifieds did.They obsoleted themselves in south Texas by constantly changing the rules until they were late models without fenders.

Our biggest mistake now is not taking advantage of the new front runner class to draw from.The current Thunder rules favor a RWD heavy car with a big engine.No frontrunner is that.So instead of a new team starting with a frontrunner with the option of advancing that car to be a competetive Thunder car by adding to the same car,that team would have to start with another car.With the expense factor and so many other choices its unlickly to be the choice.

Let me give an example.I have never raced before and dont know squat.I decide to start with a frontrunner because none of these cars have the advancements that experience affords.So I am just as good a car as anyone.After a year I learn pleanty and want to try stuff.To take that car to Thunders would mean no chance.In the old Thunder rules it would be.I could add a full cage with loops,pull a lot of weight off,swap some springs around,maybe a little engine tuning and have a competetive car.Using a modern car and choosing the best suited model I could make these changes over the winter with little cost while still using most of the spare parts and the same car that I know already.That just makes sence.

I tell you going backwards at RGS by using totally stock engines,flywheels,chassises,bodies etc was not a dissapointment.Rather,most all the cars ran together and the race was in the hands of the driver.It was not as fast but just as fun especially since the car did not need much maintainence.Pump gas and reliable drive train meant lots of track time at little expence.All it took to make my Corpus car legel was installing an engine that met the compression and vacuum rule.

I was about to build a frontrunner type car for RGS using a modern car when they shut down.Jessy showed me a frontrunner could run with an original Thunder car with a few adjustments.

I dont know about the future of Thunder cars at CC Speedway but I do find it intresting the fastest cars are wanting to slow everyone down,especially with tires to make the racing better.Instead we are allowed more tire.This makes horsepower more important as well as suspension.I would love to go back to a slippery tire like the Sumotomos and DRIVE the car.But I will not if I have to go against super gripping tires.Especially since the gripping tires are coupled with 200+ horsepower.

CRT it will never be even as long as some people will dedicate more to winning than another might.In NASCAR everyone is dedicated to the max.

We are caught between an economy car and a full out race car.Right now we are the fat lady in hi heels.

Alright already!!! I called a meeting and invited everyone interested in this class to attend if you had a car or not. With the exception of two in this discussion the rest did not even come to the meeting! Now here we are again on SZ talking about the rules. If you are that concerned than why were you not at the meeting! I am at the track every day or you can call me at 361-332-9716

Archived