GM 8.5 REAREND AXLES

1955chevy33

I need some GM 10 bolt 8.5 axles but I find the aftermarket axles vary in measurements. Where exactly do you measure from to get an accurate length ? Will an axle that is 1/16 - 1/8 in length difference still work in these rearends ?

I notice some measure 30.0 30.1 30.3 30.4 and 30 7/16 on aftermarket lengths. Those arent exact just an example. My axles measure 30 7/16 from spline end to outer edge of the axle where the brake hub sits against it. Its also a 28 spline. 4 3/4 bolt pattern. Any suggestions on where to buy ? Thanks,Freddy

Freddy, if you go to S.A. to Nogolitos gear on Laredo hwy., they should have what you need in stock. Take your old ones with you if you can and they will match them up. I've bought axles for the 10 bolt I have now and the Monte Carlo I ran before there and the prices are reasonable. Hope this helps.

Richard

Freddy, if you go to S.A. to Nogolitos gear on Laredo hwy., they should have what you need in stock. Take your old ones with you if you can and they will match them up. I've bought axles for the 10 bolt I have now and the Monte Carlo I ran before there and the prices are reasonable. Hope this helps.

Richard

Thanks Richard. I used to do lots of business with them,I just havent been to SA too much recently but need to make a trip it sounds like. Thanks again !

Thanks Richard. I used to do lots of business with them,I just havent been to SA too much recently but need to make a trip it sounds like. Thanks again !

Hey Freddy,

when you head to SA call me. Would love to do lunch and meet face to face. Also I believe I have a good left side. I need to measure it. If it is right length it is yours for free.

Mark

Hey Freddy,

when you head to SA call me. Would love to do lunch and meet face to face. Also I believe I have a good left side. I need to measure it. If it is right length it is yours for free.

Mark

Thanks Mark. I will try to get to SA right after the first of the year ! I would like to meet you for lunch. My axles are the same length in both sides. TTYL,Freddy

Archived