Newbie questions

racer61

Hey guys, Ive been roundy rounding for 20 years but this is my first venture into strainght line stuff. This car is for my kid who has never driven so its a learning project however i dont want him to learn in a car that is not right. Ive got a good base to work with and have fixed some issues with it. Replaced the homemade cage with a compe engineering cage kit. I have pulled out the moroso front springs because i didnt like the heigth of the front. So I have put in coilovers. However I was wondering what is a good starting point for the shocks. These are shocks originally off of my latemodel so I know I will need them revalved but need a good starting point. Also lookin at base line spring setup. Car is complete coilovers. Just tryin to round up the correct stuff to start with. Thanks guys for your time.

Cory

Cory,

Call me Friday. I have a gentleman who I want to start using. Long story short he offered his expertise after we talked for what seemed like hours. He knows his shocks and can help out a bunch.

Also, definitely listen to Tommy... Da Man can get cars to hook and that is a plus.... Thanks Tommy!

Mark

Cory,

Call me Friday. I have a gentleman who I want to start using. Long story short he offered his expertise after we talked for what seemed like hours. He knows his shocks and can help out a bunch.

Also, definitely listen to Tommy... Da Man can get cars to hook and that is a plus.... Thanks Tommy!

Mark

Thanks Tommy, appreciate the link. More stuff to learn. The car is a mid 70s camaro, back half with mark williams 9", ladder bar. Car has a glass front, doors, and trunk lid. I dont knowthe weight yet cus motor is not ready yet. Powerglide with a brake. Only gonna run 1/8th mile for a while till he gets a good feel for it so its got a 5:13 on a 31 spline spool.

No Mark, not the mustang. Felt like I was in way over my head with the unibody so did some wheelin and dealin to get this. It was mostly complete but had some stupid built into it, had to fix that first.

Cory,another good place for info is www.baselinesuspensions.com

thse guys have been there and done that and share alot from what they have experienced with different set-ups.it will give you a good starting point.maybe when you get him up and running and i'm around the area,i can come out and show you how to tweak it for certain track conditions.

Cory,

Be careful, Tommy will have your boy on the back bumper! They don't call him Dr Hook for nothing you know... :P

1: It doesnt have a back bumper :unsure:

2: Im not puttin that much power in it...yet. ;)

I'll com get the sticker Mark, no worries. Still have to get body work done first. Puttin the "tree" on the glass front. What a b$t&h!!! :angry:

Archived