Congratulations, Chris Wright!

debwill

Chris Wright, who has been the Assistant Scorer for Thunderhill Raceway and TSRS, has been offered a part-time job by NASCAR, effective January 1, 2011.

Chris will be a Timing and Scoring Official for a NASCAR series (not sure which series yet). On selected weekends, he will be traveling all over the country to set up and dismantle the electronic scoring systems and will also assist with the scoring responsibilities.

We will truly miss Chris in the tower at THR, but we're so excited that his experience with local racing has helped him land this incredible opportunity to work for NASCAR. He has promised to visit THR when he's in town.

For those who don't know Chris, he is the son of Bruce and Mary Wright, and he's also Jake Wright's brother.

CONGRATULATIONS, CHRIS!!!

I have been so very blessed to be able to be associated with Thunderhill Raceway and the incredible group of folks who I have had the pleasure of working with! Thank you so much Kathy, Debbie and Mary Ann for giving me the opportunity to work with you and increase my level of expertise in scoring. I look forward to helping out when I'm in town! Thanks again!

Chris Wright

I have to say to my son Christopher your Mom, Brother, and me could not be more proud of you. I remember the the very first day at the quarter midget track when you were 5 years old, you always wanted to know what was going on in that tower! You have worked hard and learned alot and never once treated your brother any different then any other race car on the track. Even when we had a few heated conversations about the finish the night before you scored Jake the way you saw it whether I liked it or not. Your integrity and your desire to do the right thing all of the time is amazing. Good Luck my son, have the time of your life. You are on your way!!!

Archived