James Buescher Phoenix NASCAR Truck preview

James Buescher NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Phoenix International Raceway Preview

No. 31 Great Clips Chevrolet News and Notes

* This Week’s Silverado… The No. 31 Great Clips Chevrolet Silverado team will bring chassis TMS-011 to Phoenix International Raceway for Friday night’s 150-lap shootout. TMS-011 last saw racing action at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in September where James Buescher started second and crossed the finish line in the third position.

* Welcome Aboard… Turner Motorsports is pleased to announce that Great Clips, the longest-running primary sponsor in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS), will adorn the sides of the No. 31 Chevrolet Silverado driven by Buescher on Friday night’s event at Phoenix International Raceway.

* Double Duty… Buescher will have an action packed weekend at Phoenix International Raceway. Not only will he be in the No.31 Great Clips Chevrolet in Friday night’s 150-lap race, but he will also pilot the No. 11 Great Clips machine in Saturday’s NASCAR Nationwide Series event.

* Turner Motorsports 2011 plans announced… Last Friday, Turner Motorsports announced that its driver line-up for the 2011 season will include the return of a number of familiar faces such as Kasey Kahne, Reed Sorenson, Jason Leffler, James Buescher, Ricky Carmichael and USAC superstar, Brad Sweet. The team has also added NASCAR Nationwide Series standout, Justin Allgaier, to their stable of drivers. Turner Motorsports will continue their relationship with General Motors and the Chevrolet brand and has created alliances with Hendrick Motorsports, who will provide engine support for both its NNS and NCWTS programs, Kevin Harvick Inc. for body and aero support, and Earnhardt Technology Group for drive train and suspension technology assistance. The team will field three full-time entries in both the NCWTS and NNS.

* Follow Me… Visit www.twitter.com/jamesbuescher or www.facebook.com/jamesbuescher for the latest news and updates on James Buescher and the No. 31 Great Clips team.

* Watch and Listen… Lucas Oil 150 will be broadcast live on Friday, November 12th on SPEED. Race coverage will begin at 7:30 p.m. EST. The event can also be heard live on MRN Radio as well as Sirius Satellite Radio, channel 128. Check local listings for start times.

post-3-1289430059.jpg

post-3-1289430075.jpg

James Buescher on driving at Phoenix International Raceway

“I am really glad Great Clips has come on board this weekend. They have been a staple in NASCAR for a long time and it is truly an honor carry their colors this weekend in both the Camping World Truck Series and Nationwide Series races. I really love going out to Phoenix [international Raceway]. It is a great place to race. You carry a lot of speed into the corners, but you can race two-wide. Turns one and two are very different from three and four, so as a driver, you have to be able to adapt to what your truck is doing at both ends of the track.

“We feel like we are bringing a truck capable of winning the race. We had a great run with it at Las Vegas, [Motor Speedway] leading laps and having a chance to win the race. We are looking for more of the same this Friday under the lights in Phoenix. Our Great Clips team has really come together in the last four months. We are running in the top-five each week and are putting ourselves in a position to race for the win. As a driver, that is all I can ask for. I am really looking forward to a great weekend of racing this weekend.”

Archived