Red River Speedway

Scott Lewis

Nick, fellow drivers and race fans. I was asked to put this post out to the racing community in an effort to help out a track official that was seriously injured during the winter nationals at RRS last Saturday night. Here is a quick overview of what happened without all the horrific details that don’t need to be re lived. During the Thunderstock feature a car got loose coming out of turn two and hooked his bumper on another car which turned his car towards the wall/pit gate. The driver tried to avoid the pit gate but was unable to do so and struck the gate head on. For some unseen reason the gate locking mechanism failed and the sprung open when the car struck it which then resulted in the gate coming open at a high rate of speed and striking the track official. The official Josh Schofield. sustained a great deal of major injuries and was transported to the local hospital by ambulance and subsequently flown to parkland hospital in DFW. The injuries he sustained where a broken pelvis, 3 broken ribs, 3 toes on his left foot, a broken bone in his right foot and a fractured vertebra. The racing community here at RRS is looking to have a fund raiser in the very near future in an effort to help this young man out who will be unable to work for the next 3-6 months. I do not have the details as of yet but when I get them I will post them. I know that they are currently setting up an account so people can make donations if they would like. I will keep you posted.

Oh man... that's not good. But I know the racing community and I know that we will all pitch in wherever we can to help this young man out.

Nick

Just to keep you updated, Josh came home from the hospital on Tuesday but had a relaspe/issues lastnight and was admitted back into the hospital last night. I will keep you updated as information comes avalible.

That whole gate deal always looked like a problem to me.

We live in Dallas and can help. Can't tell from the post--->is he back in WF or did he have to come back to Parkland?

Family can call me at 214 502 3755 if they need a local Dallas base.

Jay

That whole gate deal always looked like a problem to me.

We live in Dallas and can help. Can't tell from the post--->is he back in WF or did he have to come back to Parkland?

Family can call me at 214 502 3755 if they need a local Dallas base.

Jay

He is here locally. Thank you for the help and I will pass it on! I will post more info as it becomes avalible.

Here is an update about the fund raiser event for Josh S. . There is a web site for the fund raiser and an account number will be posted there on Monday. I do not have all the details concerning the event yet but they should be posted on the website as they become available. Thank you for all the prayers and hope to see a lot of you at the event.

Website is www.helpingjosh.com

Archived