houston crash

MUmscheid 51

for those of you that werent in houston for the last race, i thought i would post a couple of pictures of the pro mod car i have been racing this year.

while racing for the lead on the outside, contact was made that then caused four cars to get wrecked pretty badly. i hit driver's side flat against the outside wall.

my car needs a front clip, side rail of center section, rear end housing, and possibly a rear clip. It ripped the motor mounts off the frame and the motor shifted over against the steering column and the other frame rail.

I know the #5 of brent seeley was involved and also needs atleast a front clip.

Ian Webster in the #13 also was collected and might need a rear clip and rear end housing

Jason Morman was in it as well but i didnt get a good look at his car. (not exactly my favorite now)

post-3-1287594163.jpg

post-3-1287594267.jpg

ON the trailers the easy part - there are tow trucks to lift and back the trailer under (aka Cradle Club). OFF the trailer at the shop - now that's always fun...

Man I'm glad you are not as tore up as that car!

wow, as a fabricator it always hurts me to see torn up stuff.

I don't know what kind of clip 15 uses. Is it a Heil? Probably a chevelle. The Swensen car is typically a large metric GM.

If JC is going to clip these cars, tell him I have a good sandblasted spare large metric front clip in my shop. I also have lefthander upper a arm brackets and that handy plate that allows you to narrow up the front crossmember. He can use that stuff and replace it later if you guys are trying to get going for post season events (SB D or similar)

jay (Dallas)

214 502 3755

Hate to see all 4 of you guys tore up like that, especially just as a casual fan of HMP racing. I do appreciate you coming out to Houston to run though.

Any word on what happened with the points situation? I know the #5 and #33 were close.

Thanks!

Whats sad is that there are several latemodels in the background that are just as bad. Im guess that keeping the fabricators busy is good for racing.

The 15 car (as usual) had em covered. Looked alot like it was gonna be a dog fight for 2nd. Bet Raymond was looking for a stiff drink after the races.

The LM in the background of the 1st picture is the #77. We got collected up in a turn 1 wreak with 14 laps to go. We were able to tear all the damaged sheet metal off and finish the race, but this fracus (which we had no copability in) is now going to cost us:

1. front bumper, bumper cover, hood pin support

2. hood

3. cowl panel

4. left & right fender

5. rt door

6. rear bumper, bumper cover, spoiler

7. radiator

8. rt side graphics

In other words, we salvaged 2 quarter panels and a roof.

I hate it when people say "it's only a car, at least you're (the driver) OK" That's bullshit. It's also a hell of a lot of money for something that could have been avoided.

Thanks for posting photos Michael. Glad all drivers are okay. Wasn't able to go to the race, so these pics confirm the carnage. It really bites to see all the damage, and then hard work and money it will take to fix these cars. Crazy both modified classes have had huge wrecks on the starts recently. Hope all can figure out how to keep this from happening. Like you, want to see the classes grow. You're one of the cleanest and the best driver out there. Really enjoy watching and racing with you. Wish you, Raymond and team better luck next year.

Archived