Street Stocks added for Nov 12 & 13 at Limited Mod Nationals

texana55

Many of you may have seen the post I placed a couple of weeks ago about the possibility us being able to run our cars (street stocks) at Rio Grande Speedway during their Limited Modified Nationals, one week after the SOS Fall Classic....... Well, I talked to Johnny Johnson (RGS operator) and it is a go.

I'm not certain if there will be flyers sent out, or what posts you will see on the web, but Johnny asked that I share the information he has provided to me. Understand this is not my event or my home track, so I will not have details beyond what I am posting here, but I was interested on getting our class added to the event. Johnny asked me to provide his phone number if you have any questions concerning the event. Johnny Johnson's phone number is 956-496-8840. This is his cell number and he works during the day so he may not be able to answer your call immediately, but is good to call you back.

Here is the specific information Johnny provided to me:

1. The fender class has been added to the RGS Limited Modified Nationals event which is scheduled for Nov. 10th - 13th. The fender class will run on Friday and Saturday (Nov 12&13), with qualifying on Friday, then the B's / last chances and feature on Saturday.

2. $1,000 to win, $500 for 2nd, etc. down to $50 to start in the feature.

3. Must have a minimum of 24 cars to pay the full purse.

4. $50 entry fee per car plus pit pass charges for each day at the track.

5. Home track rules for cars from SOS and Texana Street Stocks, STS Pure Stocks, I37 Street Stocks and RGS Pure Stocks. Johnny's crew will have a set of rules for each track and the points for each track to determine your home track. No mixing and matching of rules. You will be teched under your rules for your home track.

6. Johnny would like to make this an annual addition to the Limited Modified Nationals event depending on the success of adding the class this year.

We will be taking our car and know of at least three other cars that are a definite from our track. I would sure like to give Johnny a good gauge of the number of folks seriously plannning to go so he can get a feel for how successful this will be. So, please respond on this thread if your going. This would be a fun annual event to have available along with the other post points season races we are seeing for our classes in our area. It would sure be good for us to have a good showing from our area to help make the full field.

Again, I don't have specifics beyond what I posted above concerning the race program or track specifically, etc, but you can call Johnny Johnson at the number provided for greater detail. As a reminder the Limited Mods will be running for $3k to win, so you will definitely see some good runners in that class if you head down to run your fender car.

-Monty Chamberlain

Archived