Nov 12/ 13 Street Stocks possible at Rio Grande Speedway

texana55

On the Rio Grand Speedway (RGS) tab of LSSZ forums, I read that Rio Grande Speedway has their annual Limited Modified event Nov 11 - 13, and the post stated there was discussion about adding a support class. I decided to do some research...

This afternoon I was able to talk with Johnny Johnson (RGS) promoter. He had not actually thought about adding a support class, but was interested in the discussion and the potential of doing such. I discussed how he might feel about adding the fender class. As we talked, I gave him the comparisons to our Street Stocks and discussed that at least one of the RGS Pure Stocks had run with us this year and did well. As we talked, Johnny mentioned that he would consider setting it up so that RGS Pures would run under their rules, Texana and SOS street stocks with their home rules, I37 Streets with their home rules and STS Pure Stocks under their home rules. As we all know we are not all perfectly in sync, but as we also know there are give and take and we all come out pretty equal.

Johnny asked for me to gauge the interest for car count on this, so he can determine if it is worth pursuing. Understandably it won't be worth pursuing further for them unless there is some real interest. For us (CK Racing), we were going to run the Texas Grand that weekend, but if this opportunity was available, we'd run at RGS instead. The purse would have to be built based on a determination of anticipated car count and then tied to actual car count. Johnny asked that I call him back next week and give him an estimate on serious interest. This would be real fun to run SOS for the Fall Classic and then head to the Valley the next week for some fun. It would also be fun for our classes to have another common event where we can run together southern Texas

So, if you would be seriously interested in running your legal Texana or SOS Street Stock with the RGS Pures on Nov 12/13, post on this thread by next Wednesday (10/6/10) so I can call Johnny back and give him a gauge on interest. I will post the same info on the I37 and STS tabs of LSSZ for them as well.

Ck Racing #55, one of the Chamberlain drivers - yes seriously interested

Archived