altus spooker race

*********The Spooker Nationals will be upcoming in less than 45 days. Track ownership wanted to reiterate if you plan on coming to race, make sure you are legal to the 2010 rules as posted on the Altus Speedway Website (Rules page). If you are not legal according to these rules, feel free to pay your entry fee, race both days and and receive nothing for all your efforts.*********************

*********The Spooker Nationals will be upcoming in less than 45 days. Track ownership wanted to reiterate if you plan on coming to race, make sure you are legal to the 2010 rules as posted on the Altus Speedway Website (Rules page). If you are not legal according to these rules, feel free to pay your entry fee, race both days and and receive nothing for all your efforts.*********************

Who is the track owner that is referred to in this post? Just curious, since I talked to Daryl yesterday and he was unaware of this post and I noticed this was posted on their website yesterday and now it has been removed. I think Daryl is the track owner, right?

Who is the track owner that is referred to in this post? Just curious, since I talked to Daryl yesterday and he was unaware of this post and I noticed this was posted on their website yesterday and now it has been removed. I think Daryl is the track owner, right?

This was posted initially at the Altus Speedway website and on facebook. A decision was later made to open the event up to cars from other locations that are legal at their home tracks, but may not fit Altus Speedway rules. "Out of town" cars are highly encouraged to get with Kevin Jones the tech inspector prior to traveling and discuss how their car fits or does not fit the rules. A weight addition to a non-conforming car may be applied or a moving up to the next class could happen. All Super Stocks and Street Stocks will run the Hoosier recaps, which are available the track.

• 2 weeks later...

Scott,

I think a few reasons contributed to this decision but the main one that mostly affected the decision is that for most of the year Altus had around 4-6 steady Chargers. 2 of those were wiped out on Saturday September 18th. It left 3 full timers and 2 Part timers. Just wasn't enough cars to count on for a good race. The Charger division here at the track in 2011 will either go away for another V-8 class or will be completely revamped with different type cars and rules.

Hope this helps......

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

Archived